• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite restomod street toy

thought the rims would be gold too , still a great ride .
POMONAMISSEL, I always thought car color rims were over the top and belonged on an old mans car.........maybe I should paint them! Thanks Brian.

That's probably close to the original color of my 65 Coronet.

its your car . just thought its a golden one . my satellite was dark red met, rims were black under the full rim cover that satellite used . but it had red line tires as well .

What a transformation.

IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5893.JPG
IMG_5894.JPG

Where have I been? Holy Cow.... it's painted and looking sweeeeeet! Congrats on a beauty.

That's probably close to the original color of my 65 Coronet.
Riverdawg, I'm not sure what color this car is, it truly depends on the light it's sitting in. Outside in the direct sunlight the gold kind of washes out and turns to a bright yellowish silver. In morning or evening light the gold really stands out. I never know when taking a photo what color it's going to be. Mopar called the original color gold but it was really more baby poop brown when it aged. Thanks, Brian

Where have I been? Holy Cow.... it's painted and looking sweeeeeet! Congrats on a beauty.
747mopar, I don't know how you could have time to read anything, as much work as you get done on your garage project. Most of us talk about doing projects, you flat get it done! Thanks Brian.

Just my very humble opinion; I agree with a previous post, the wheels would look good, painted gold.
The black rim, with black wall tire, seems to get lost in the wheel well.
On a different note, your workmanship and engineering/fabrication scales are second to none....I love your car!

Just my very humble opinion; I agree with a previous post, the wheels would look good, painted gold.
The black rim, with black wall tire, seems to get lost in the wheel well.
On a different note, your workmanship and engineering/fabrication scales are second to none....I love your car!

440jimr, you and POMONAMISSLE may be right, shhhhh don't tell him. I'm going to reserve judgment until we put the wheel lip and rocker moldings on. If it still lacks something, I might mount the white letters out. When we were kids the black steel wheels, beanie hub caps and black walls out were part of our "sleeper package". Thanks Brian.

Your eyes go to the black wheels and hubcaps. Needs to be a visual balance with a bias toward the car. That's a great color. Agree with 440jimr and Pomonamissle.

no white letters , black walls are fine , maybe trim rings on the rims with the hub caps . but with your golden beauty , they just don't balance the look of the golden one . just my two cents .

and its pomonamissel , its a combo of cars i have named . the 'miss el ' is a 27 t turtle deck tube chassi ride with a wild wedge hemi 4spd , thus the tag missile . but the plate was taking of course , so my word combo to the rescue , lol;) say miss el its works . its still in the works .
DSC03442.JPG
DSC03441.JPG

Your eyes go to the black wheels and hubcaps. Needs to be a visual balance with a bias toward the car. That's a great color. Agree with 440jimr and Pomonamissle.

Fran, I'm confused, you thought that the pentastar air cleaner wing nut was over the top, saying "not on my car" and yet you believe I should paint the wheels gold?........"not on my car"..........LOL. Brian.

Fran, I'm confused, you thought that the pentastar air cleaner wing nut was over the top, saying "not on my car" and yet you believe I should paint the wheels gold?........"not on my car"..........LOL. Brian.
As the saying goes "It's your car" . Ask opinions and you'll get them, doesn't mean you have to follow them. Want to see what you decide.

Auto Transport Service
Back