• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger R/T resurrection

I don't know if you guys have seen these shrinking discs before or not, but they are pretty slick. Did the final grind on the quarter weld and then you go over it with the wheel. It takes alot of the waves out of the metal near the weld. This is the first time the kid used them and was impressed.
P2030281.JPGP2030285.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Spent the last couple of nights fitting and adjusting the front end. Got the gaps all set decent, grill and bumper in place to make sure they will fit after paint. I had to cut the welds and reweld to move the inner fender brace to radiator support on both sides in addition to making some of the slotted holes longer where the fenders bolt to the inner fenders. Other than those areas, we may do a little rework where the fenders meet the front valance. It is not bad though and I might just leave it alone.

P2030282.JPGP2030291.JPGP2030287.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Drilled holes in the new fenders for the wheelwell mouldings.

P2030286.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And finally have gotten the right quarter rough set in place. The trunk drop on this side fits terrible and needs a bunch of work. This is strange because the other side fit very nice. You can see the quarter to corner piece on this side needs the same triangle piece added to the quarter.

P2030289.JPG

Lookin good! Where did you get your bolt on body wheel stands?

Lookin good! Where did you get your bolt on body wheel stands?

I made them myself. Used rotating base wheels for all 4 and can spin the car around on a dime.

shrinking disc have been around a long time we use to use them back in the day also

Looking good. You've really gotten a lot of things done.

Never heard of a shrinking disc, how do they work? I was glad I had to buy full quarters because that much welding would have made me nervous, looks like he is doing a great job. Love the grill, that is the one thing that makes the 69 my favorite. Very nice

Where did you get your wheels? I found some but most were hi dollar.
Do you think these 750 lb cap would work? I thought I may pit-pin them in a round pipe/tube so I can set it down solid when I prefer. >

I got mine at the local Farm & Fleet store. They are 8" solid type - not rubber, not that it would matter. If I remember they are rated @ 800 lbs. Heighth adjustability would be nice if you don't have a hoist. Just be sure to make them sturdy enough the higher you go.

Gotta love Fleet Farm! Or as the wife calls it "The cow mall"

The one in our area is Blains Farm & Fleet, but I think it is similar to the Fleet Farms. Haven't heard it called the cow mall yet, but it sounds about right. I always say if they don't sell it, you don't need it.

Would any of you Charger guys be able to post some measurements as to where the antenea hole is located. I got this new AMD fender and need to get a hole drilled in it. I went and sold the fender that came on the car without realizing the new ones need a hole made, so I didn't take any notes. Not sure if it would be the same as my Road Runners, but I do know the mount is different.

I'll be glad to but it will be later/pm before I can dig the fender out of the removed parts pile in the back yard.

It's 4am now and my neighbors might get pissed...:icon_axe:

Here ya go Hunt, hope this helps. Sorry it took so long.

Attachments

• IMAG0993.jpg
    IMAG0993.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 696
Thanks kid, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks to daytona kid, the antenea hole is done.
P2080297.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

We got the passenger side quarter welding done. The corner piece turned out nice on this side also with the pie shaped metal modification.

P2080298.JPGP2090303.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Moved into the trunk area. The latch support, bumper supports, taillight bucket supports, and jack brackets all welded in.

P2080299.JPGP2090305.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

We repaired a part of the spare tire hold down bracket. I think it turned out fine, looking as good as new. That and the tire supports welded in.

P2080302.JPGP2080301.JPGP2090304.JPG

:icon_salut:looking very good I see you have been very busy again ,now go back to work , keep posting up dates ,thanks posting some new photos :VB toast:

Auto Transport Service
Back