• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner....another one!

Texas cow stampede, hit by a meteor or a back drop for baseball pitching....not sure. :)

Had a couple hours this morning. So, I removed some more of the floor. I need to get a nice spot weld cutter, the one I have is dull already and it has only made about 30 cuts. What do you guys use?

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

What every parent hopes for, TEN TOES!! P.S. nice project Capt.

Thanks guys, I'll have to give them a try.

BTW, I think I need to just be proactive and get a tetanus shot. I read another thread where someone made that comment as a joke, but I think it's a good idea. Everytime I come in the house, I'm bleeding. Most of the time I don't even know it.

Just another part of you Initiation Padre....Before long you'll be picking stuff out of your eyes every other day, sound like a 60 year old coal minor, have calluses like a Grizzly bear, and could make constellations from all the scares and burns all over your hands... Gotta love it! Flip side is you built it and with that comes respect, from both sides. Now....when it comes to welding, your curreny work shoes aren't going to fend so well....lol

looks like a great project. four speed post car.

Flip flops!! lol!!

Hey it's looking really good man.

I started out years ago with some spot weld cutting tools. I know they have improved over the years and I have not tried the best or more current cutters on the market because when I gave up on spot weld cutters I went to a 3.8 pilot point bit like this.

204611055.jpg

Oh my god I just saw the fender.....

Thank you for making me feel so much better about my trashed out RH fender lol!!

102_6061.jpg

102_6060.jpg

when you guys ordered from BLAIR, did you order the bits with the guide pin? or pilot drill tip ?

and are the double side tips worth it?
http://shop.blairequipment.com/Spotweld-Cutters-s/3.htm

i'm thinking about ordering the(1) premium spotweld cutter with an extra set of (5)three tips.
:naka:

i may start on "mustTURD" shaker:headbang:

I run the 3/8 with the standard spring loaded pilot. Once in a while, i'll sharpen the point on the pilot with the bench grinder

My local Automotive Supply has them right on the shelf.Might give your local parts store a shot 1st.

Great story, great car and great job Capt.! Keep it up. You just don't know what your capable of until you roll up your sleeves and do it!

I had a local 'out of work' fabricator come to the house the other day. He's hurting for money bad from the sounds of it. I'm going to give him a test piece and see how his work turns out. I have a part of the firewall near the passenger's right foot that needs repaired. I'm getting that cut out tomorrow and I'll take it to him to work his magic. We'll see what he's made of. He said he would do that section, both outer rockers, and all the wheel well corners for about $150. Sounds like a good deal, but I certainly don't want garbage work. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

In the meantime, I've got the rear passenger foot well order from AMD. I also have to get some work done on the main front floor. I have to weld on my 4 speed hump. Does anyone have any measurements on the hump? Obviously, I have a general idea, but I want to be as close to perfect as I can. I don't want to do all this work, then mount the trans only to find out it doesn't line up.

Thank you for the inspiration and words of encouragement from everyone!

Meanwhile.....

My other project is coming along just fine. Carpet in, doors painted.....trim is the only thing left.

IMG_1064.jpg

Busy day yesterday: (Although no work on the RR)

Started my day at 0830 with the lawn mower...
Then helped my father move a couple things around for a couple hours...

Then I needed to go to Lowes to pick up some trim for the basement. When I make a purchase at Lowes, we go to Giant Eagle to get gift cards so we can get the fuel perks. So, I went to Giant Eagle and a car show was going on in the parking lot.

A couple of B bodies...but nothing newer than 67'

The gold 67 GTX and the Blue 66 Charger were very well done.

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

This delayed my day about 30 mins...

Ended up picking up my trim, going home to sand and paint it all. Day finished about 9pm. Also had to cut off the bottom of the doors due to the carpet padding being a little thicker than I thought it was. This basement project is nearing completion, thank God.

LMAO! Love that scene! Yes, that's my life...haha!

It wasn't all work this week....

Had a little R&R Saturday night..... And my prefered "work shoes" yet again since some of you seem to like them! :)

IMG_1065.jpg

Looks like a good weeekend CAPT...Thanks for the car show pic's. Nice work on the home renovation. Looks top notch!

Hey Capt. I m the one that bought some fenders from the guy that you bought your rr from. I got fenders, floor halves and floor foot patch panels(new) , air grabber hood, quarter skins, doors. I live bout 45 min west of Columbus right of I-70 . Get ahold of me if you need anything, I need to get these parts sold. I will make you a good deal on whatever you need. What does that guy charge to blast the rr? Now i might be interested. Thanks, Brad

Auto Transport Service
Back