• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger HELP!!

Tim Nist

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Interior charger.jpg
I just purchased a 70 Charger that was in pieces and not bagged and tagged. I'll have a million questions, and for no good reason, lets start with this one. Left and Rt hand piece, where in the interior does this go?

Looks like the interior window sill for the rear, side windows.

My rear window sill on driver's side:
IMG_20210707_132529043~2.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1134907 I just purchased a 70 Charger that was in pieces and not bagged and tagged. I'll have a million questions, and for no good reason, lets start with this one. Left and Rt hand piece, where in the interior does this go?
You're going to need these in your adventure:
1970-dodge-charger-coronet-service-manual-26.jpg
1970-1971-mopar-car-body-chassis-parts-book-3.jpg

I purchased the FSM at a swap meet a few years ago, but they are available on eBay, etc.

I purchased the parts catalog (3 volume set) a few months ago from themotorbookstore. They did a very good job of reprinting pictures from the Mopar originals. Very legible. You can sometimes find the original Mopar parts catalogs on the internet for sale. However, condition is not guaranteed, pages might be missing, updates / supplements might not be included; and they cost several times more than the reprints from themotorbookstore.

https://www.themotorbookstore.com/1970-1971-chrysler-car-body-chassis-parts-book.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the smallest of things are the hardest

We are insufferable picture addicts here. Can you post some pictures of your car and introduce yourself in the Welcome Wagon forum as suggested by @Ironbuilt in post #2 above?

Thanks guys, the smallest of things are the hardest
I did the same thing (bought a basket case), buying a factory service manual was the best investment I made along with joining this forum.

Looks like the interior window sill for the rear, side windows.

My rear window sill on driver's side:
View attachment 1134926
Thanks for that info, I got that put aside. Now, how does that plastic back window interior trim attach? It looks like it uses the pinch weld, but it seems back wards. Pics? Thanks

Mine are out (i.e., no pictures), but going from memory the lower corner pieces are held in by small screws. The upper corner pieces are probably held in place by screws too, but I don't remember.

All of my interior trim pieces are currently wrapped up and boxed for safekeeping.

You're going to need those books in post #4 above. Might as well get them sooner than later.

Last edited:
Mine are out (i.e., no pictures), but going from memory the lower corner pieces are held in by small screws. The upper corner pieces are probably held in place by screws too, but I don't remember.

All of my interior trim pieces are currently wrapped up and boxed for safekeeping.

You're going to need those books in post #4 above. Might as well get them sooner than later.
I ordered them right away, yesterday

I got it figured out. The trim goes on these headliner cleats after headliner install. They were in one of the many boxes. Plus the rail that runs behind the package tray

1F164148-8A53-4F21-9097-9E8259CF1664.jpeg 24067FEA-852B-4C10-85F4-CD97E85312B1.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back