• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite 4-door

mylil70sat

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
FINALLY going to post about my baby!

she is a 4-door 1970 Plymouth Satellite! a 318, original 2-barrel-now 4-barrel carb, original bench seat (grrr how I hate whoever took it out), and has factory A/C and heat! which doesn't work, at the moment, but it will some day! haha

not 100% sure but we're guessing the original color was white because of under the hood, trunk, floor pans, and door jams (whoever painted it TRIED, and I see what they were going for, but it didn't really work out that well, did it?)

I get crap from people about it being a 4-door, but hey, she's mine, I love her, and she's gonna be just as bad *** as a 2-door when I'm done with her (though I feel like I won't ever really be done)! She's my first car and I have a feeling I won't ever get rid of her, to be honest.

first pictures I ever saw of her, sitting in a junk yard where my uncle found her!

2a6o6iv.jpg

f52erc.jpg

vz8n48.jpg

in my driveway!

5yc7pf.jpg

she's missing a piece of the chrome around the grill, there's also a dent or two there, it looks like a previous owner hit something or someone hit them

also the hood is all scratched up on the right side, for some reason, wish I knew, but it's nothing I can't fix with a little work

35mo6fa.jpg

first bath!

33jiwqt.jpg

my sticker! ;)

2mfb1v8.jpg

2f0dezp.jpg

had a few problems getting it to run when we first got it home, got a whole bunch of new little parts for it and even though it did make things better she still wasn't turning over, got a new Carter 2-barrel carb and had it put in and it STILL wasn't running right!

hsw8jr.jpg

long story short, one stuck lifter and a new Holley 4-barrel carb later and she now runs like a charm!

1z2g09z.jpg

no911v.jpg

Also new shocks on the back, and new mufflers and exhaust! Flowmaster Super 40s.

2zs3bxt.jpg

k183nr.jpg

the back seat is still almost in perfect shape!

rlgrj8.png

but I need to find a new bench seat or new bucket seats for the front because they're old and uncomfortable to sit in, and don't match anything!

ebeo1j.jpg

my newest goodies for her, bought yesterday:

4zvib7.jpg

b4cobl.jpg

qqzq4m.jpg

fd6nud.jpg

bought a new air breather, new valve covers, etc! I can just see it coming together already and it makes me SO excited, so ready for it to be spring already and I can REALLY start working on her again, since she's not in a garage but sitting outside (it SNOWED and even though I have a car cover for it, it still makes me nervous haha)

I'm not taking it apart bolt by bolt or anything big, she's not getting fully restored (my dad tells me it's "not worth it" being only a 318 and a 4-door).

I actually would if I could but as it is, I'm just a struggling part-time working 20 year old who wants something fun to drive around in and to work on, so I'm making it look as nice as I can and then just DRIVING it!

next to fix comes the brakes, the drum brakes on it now are OLD and barely stop half the time, every one has told me that especially since I'm not used to drum brakes that I should convert 'em to disc, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to go all around with them or just change the front!

but after brakes come new tires and rims, and after that hopefully will come a cheap paint job (going back to white!), it's going to take a while but I'm excited! Sometimes it gets overwhelming to think about but I knew what I was getting into! haha

will try to post as the process goes on!

And since I'm rambling on still, I might as well ask, does anyone know of any 4-door 70s in their area? I've found a few by googling, but none are anywhere near me, I've only seen a '69 4-door at a show, and have heard about a '68 4-door! They aren't a rare car, since tons were made, but it's still something you don't see a lot of now-a-days, so it'll still make people look! haha :)

Hey mylil70sat....Nice car. Who care's what other people think. You love your car and that's all that matters. Keep to your ideas and ambition and eventually she'll be every bit of badass as you imagine.

As far as seeming like she'll never get there, focus on one thing at a time. Set a goal, accomplish it and move on to the next. Eventually they will add up to your final goal and you'll have the car you been dreaming about..I know, i'm going through the same thing now with my dream car.

Best wishes moving forward with your car, looking forward to watching it unfold. It might sound like some old useless saying from yesteryear, but remember..If you put your mind to something, you can accomplish anything..you just gotta want it enough

Good luck-

Prop

......No 4-door 70's to speak of around here. Tough to come by here in rust country

Thank you!

and yes, that's what I keep trying to do, at least, my parents have been helping me figure out stuff to do and they keep throwing stuff at me all the time, and I'm like WOAH, let me focus on one thing at a time, I'm sure everything will turn out better that way!

I was looking at your post about your car last night, it's coming along good! Already looks fantastic! other than the '70s the '69s are my favorite years, gorgeous cars!

I was actually surprised about the amount of rust mine has (just a bit in the trunk, the usual damage), because cars don't last very long here, either, someone somewhere down the line must've had it in a garage for a while or something, would love to know the history of it but don't know any previous owners names! ):

lookin good...coming along just fine....ya gotta love a girl that loves cars!

i gotta agree with prop. Rome wasnt built in a day and anything worth having is worth working for. You seem to have what it takes and thats ambition and the willingness to learn. Theres alot of valuable knowledge in these here parts ( this forum), and all of us are willing to help in any way we can. One thing at a time young JEDI.... things will happen right before your very eyes.

i have to say yours is the only 4 door satty i have seen, and i checked the Craigslist in Pittsburgh....none here. You just might have yourself a classic piece there. Steady wins the race.....we old geezers have already been where you are at now...and its nothing but fun ! rokk on!

Last edited:
I like it.... there was a 69 Satellite 4 door, I wanted really bad one time. It was a 318, 3 column shifted 3 speed. Green outside with green (near mint) interior, and had torque thrust wheels, wish I would have bought it.

Good luck and have fun!
Jason

Great looking ride! Sounds like its in the right hands, good luck in your work, sure hope you'll keep us updated! :)

Like your attitude and car good luck with it.
May you can put road runner badges on it and mess with peoples minds a little.

I think its cool, mainly because not mNy people aee into 4drs..... But those look sharp. Good luck with it. Looms like ya nd to get some paint underneath it. to keep them.floors from rustibg anymore

Seems like the 66-67 Belvedere and Coronet 4 doors were plentiful but the 68-70 cars were not so much....kinda strange that it ended up that way. I wouldn't mind having it as a daily driver but my favorite body is the coupe.

Looking good! I'm a fellow 4 door owner, 69 Coronet I picked up for silly cheap. Original plan was to use as a parts car but grew attached to it. Same attitude as you- yeah it's a four door but so what because they still aren't too common anymore and still have most of the muscular styling their 2 door counterparts have. Seems like all four doors had green as a required color involved, whether it be the interior or exterior. Mine ended up green w/ a black interior and going to a royal blue w/ black top on the repaint.

Just as fun as the two door cars and easier to haul your friends around, good luck on it!

thanks again, everybody!

black blazer, yeaah, my dad already told me he's gonna spraypaint the floors and all underneath for me! haha

Cranky, I feel like it seems that way, too! especially the '70s, can barely find pictures of 'em online! and my mom was just talking about a '69 Satellite wagon that her sister had when she was younger and we said we've also never seen any late 60's-70 Belv/Satellite wagons around now-a-days, either. I'm a sucker for a nice wagon! haha

coledavis, exactly! and I know, I'm attached to mine, too! my dad was talking to me about finding a newer or nicer car down the road and I was like "UM, THIS CAR ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!" :angry1:

this guy my dad knows had this grill and said he'd sell it to my dad for 100 bucks, so I jumped right on it! I was lookin' online and couldn't find them anywhere NEAR that cheap, so why not?

125pb2x.jpg

ta4uw0.jpg

also found out there's a '69 4-door that's been sitting at a junk yard by me for a couple years now and went to get some stuff from it! the guy said he's surprised that it's still there and that we should take whatever we want from it before they crush it. ):

it's missing the front fenders cause someone already took them, and other things, and now that I'm picking through it, it's gonna be missing more, sad to know it'll be crushed, though, IDK how much rust it has but it looks like a pretty solid car besides the missing pieces. /:

I got the radio, the windshield wiper arms (because whoever had my car put an arm from a newer car on it, and it doesn't really fit, so it's useless~), I need a new motor for the wipers, so we got that, IDK if they are interchange-able from '69-'70 but it's worth a shot, right? Also took little pieces of chrome and stuff I can use on my dash, because mines a bit of a mess.

aaaaand we got the bench seats, both the back and the front, even though I just needed the front.

all of the stuff we picked off the car I got for $80, so I say it's quite a deal, you can't even find ONE seat ANYWHERE for $80, so I'm glad I got the deal with everything I got! I shouldn't wait too long to go back for more or else it'll be gone, so I'm thinking of going back in a couple weeks.

ve5fmu.jpg

ddjo1i.jpg

259deo8.jpg

I'll need to get them re-upholstered, which'll cost $$$ but at least I got 'em, it's one less thing I have to worry about! (We're not exactly sure if they're the original seats from the '69, either, but we're pretty sure they'll fit mine and that's all that matters. I've been looking for seat covers for it just for now but I can't find any, so idk if someone knows what seats they are, if not the original Satellite seats, send the info my way??)

buying a conversion kit for disc brakes (only in the front), new tires, and new wheels in the next coming weeks, too, I'm saving every penny I can, I'm crazy! haha but I just want to have it decent for spring-time! haha

put my mom's stock '07 Charger wheel and tire on it to look at sizes the other day, hate the wheels, and they're just a little too big, but I'll post the pics, anyways. haha

2hxsgno.jpg

11kiepw.jpg

:)

1581apw.jpg

You got one heck of a deal.....$80 bucks for all of that...Wow! Those parts will interchange just fine.

Not a huge fan of the wheels either...I agree, too big.

That grill looks very sinister! cool..

Your grill

You just made up my mind on what im going to do to grill for my 70 that ive decided to keep and restore. Yours looks bad, i love it. I was going to go with the stock argent and black , but thanks to your pic you helped with my decision. Good luck and keep up the good work.

buy up all those parts while you can. things like that are getting harder to get everyday!

i have a set of rallye wheels(15") off of my 70 road runner. theyre in absolutely beautiful shape....bad thing is i am in Pittsburgh and it would cost a small fortune to ship them. they have bf goodrich radial t/a 's on them . beauty rings are PERFECT. the centers might need some "de'luxxin up". let me know if youre interested !

Neat car. Reminds me of the one my Grandpa bought new in 1970, except his was a dark blue. I used to love going for a ride with my dad in the car to "blow the carbon out" because Grandpa never drove faster than 40. It was sold after he passed in 1987 and burned up the next year because of an under dash electrical fire.

I like the way the rear tires fill the wheel well, some different rims though. I like your enthusiasm.

Great Work so far! Dont go on moparts though, those old guys don't like us young guys working on their mopars.

Lets hear that new exhaust!

Also don't spend big bucks on a disc conersion kit, you can pick up some bits from the local junkyard and rebuild them with new parts for way less. I scored a rebuilt front disc assembly from an 88 Chrysler 5th Ave from my local junkyard and put it on my Dart.

Auto Transport Service
Back