• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite 4-door

68bee70rr, I'm glad to have helped you decide! I love the blacked out ones like this one, so as soon as I heard about it, I jumped on it! I probably could have done a paint job on mine, but hell, now I have an extra if I ever need it, so it wasn't bad! good luck on your car, too!

tpodwdog, thank you for the offer!! but I've been looking for a while now for newer wheels, and I think I've decided on some!

I'm going with the 15" US Mags

2nbu71s.jpg

2wfvckk.jpg

116pbx5.jpg

they aren't everyone's favorite (my dad isn't too fond of black wheels at all) but they're the ones I kept going back to, so I'm sticking with 'em! going to order them today or tomorrow, because I've finally got the money saved up enough to buy 'em! going with 15x8 on the front and 15x9 on the back!

71ChallengerSE, I've heard about Moparts from other people, as well, so I've already stayed away from 'em! haha

also, I'd totally go that route with the brakes but my dad's been helping me a lot working on it and he doesn't want me to, thinks the conversion way is safer, idk

my uncle even told him I'd be fine going that way, but he refuses, so I guess it's whatever he wants~ haha he'll probably help me pay for it, because he knows how expensive it is.

been thinking a lot about the smaller/cheaper things, just when I feel like I've got one thing finally done I remember there's still 9876534 things to do! it'll all be sooo worth it after it finally gets coming together, though, so any funk I get into thinking about all the work I need to do yet goes away in a second after thinking about the final product! (but my dad says "you'll never REALLY be done with this car! there's always gonna be something you'll be doing to it!" oh boy)

enough rambling, I apologize, it's 2:30AM haha my mind wanders :)

Also you might want to try submitting for mopar muscle magazine young gun (if they are still doing it)
I was mopar muscle magazine young gun november 2009 and they paid for a bunch of performance goodies for my challenger.

Those wheels are going to look great!! Your doing some great work man..
thumbs.gif

71ChallengerSE thats pretty cool being young gun at the time, ill have to see if i have a old issue, probably one i gave away but cool, none the less!

Much love for 4 doors. They are what they are - a cool old car you can work on and drive. Everything doesn't have to be a Hemi Charger to be cool and fun. Too many people want everything of everyone's to be something else they understand more or like better. I have two 4 door A bodies and I just love 'em, the 69 Dart makes people smile everywhere it goes, as ratty as it is. 4s are great when they're driver quality - pizza runs, road trips, swap meets, you'll love the extra doors. Fix 'er up and drive the wheels off of it. There's nothing more noble than a daily driver that still gets driven all the time. I, and "Papa" the Dart, salute you!

71ChallengerSE, here's the only video I have of my exhaust! haha (I don't know how to/if we can embed videos on here!)
I took it with my mom's camera a little while ago and it's not the best quality, when I get a better camera to take a video with I'll have to put it up again! :)
also, that's awesome about the magazine thing, I'll have to check into it!

She's been in the shop for about a week now, she went in to get the new disc brakes put on, my tires/wheels put on, and the new radio put in but had a couple other problems! Nothing's been totally smooth with her, so I pretty much expected it~ haha

When my mechanic put the front tires on he had to cut the front fenders a bit because they were rubbing, he said he had to do the same with one of his Camaros that he has, so I trusted him! haha (my tires in the front are 235-70-15s, and the back are 275-60-15s!)

he had trouble putting the disc brakes on, too, not sure what was giving him problems but he said they were a bitch to do. And then when he went to do the front-end alignment afterward he said he realized that the front upper and lower ball-joints were kinda shitty, so he said he didn't want to align it and give it to me and then have something mess up down the road, so I ordered them yesterday and he should have 'em on and be able to do the alignment hopefully today but he's been busy, so I don't know! Just hoping I can pick her up some time tomorrow!

picture time! ;)

DSC_1163.jpg

this is when I got the wheels, just put 'em on to see how they fit!

DSCN0352.jpg

it's kinda dark, so you can't really see the stereo but it's there! and the speakers in the door! my dad doesn't like how they look but I can always change them down the road, it's good for now, IMO.

(I have a radio from a '70 Road Runner that I'm putting in the dash where there's a hole, so he put my new radio underneath the dash!)

DSCN0351.jpg

and there she is with her new wheels AND tires on her!
the front was lifted in the photo, because he was still working on the front-end (you can see the new yellow shocks I got, too!), so the front won't be sitting that high all the time!

DSCN0354.jpg

I really love 'em, I can't wait to get 'er home and shine 'em all up!!

next thing that I'm ordering is carpet! since it's still got none in but left-over carpet from my house haha

and then I'll be putting the bench seat in the front, for now I cleaned up the one my dad got from the '69 4-dr that was sitting in the junk yard and put a cover over it, because getting them re-upholstered is just a little too much money for me right now!

this is the seat with the cover on it:
DSCN0361.jpg

the picture doesn't do it any justice, it looks much better IRL, also the places you see kinda sagging down on top are material that's suppose to go over the headrests but they don't fit, so I'm gonna have to pin the material back! ha

right now I'm about done with all the work, though, I just want to have her back home and to be able to drive her, my dad thinks I need a new alternator so that'll be something that I get soon, too, and he's got a new wiper motor to put in for me, just little things, but it's been 6 months now and I've only driven her on the road about 4 times, so I'm getting a bit stir crazy with it, I just want to drive it alreadyyyyy!!

I'm also holding off on paint for a while, my dad keeps calling her "the rat rod" so maybe we'll just go with that for a while so I can save up some money haha

Another thing I'm happy about that I didn't mention is that I FINALLY, after searching and searching, found the chrome piece for around the grill that's been missing, so she's going to look a lot better when that gets put on!

oh, almost forgot about the exhaust tips, too, I've gotten a lot of things here and there since I've last posts on here! haha

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

they were originally off of a RR a guy that my dad knows had and I didn't see them when my dad first got them from the guy but apparently they looked like crap and my dad cleaned 'em up real good for me! I'm glad I have my dad helping me, because without the people he knows I would have a hard time finding stuff on my own!

guitarguy, exactly! I LOVE 4-doors, and it's probably cause I'm a bit biased now, haha, but they're great, they still turn heads! I've become very protective of mine because I've talked to some guy friends and just guys that I work with about it and stuff as soon as I say "it's a 4-door!" they go "oh man, that ruins it!" pfffft! I do feel like I've seen more being restored and/or being driven lately, though. Just being online and posting about mine I've run into a few young kids like myself who have 4-door Mopars and even a couple with 4-door Chevys and Fords~ haha

ps. sorry if I ramble on too much ;)

Your doing a great job on it, and that video of your Exhaust was good!

just wanted to post some new pictures of my babyyyy! :D

DSC_1168.jpg

a better photo of the radio!

DSC_1172.jpg

DSC_1170.jpg

DSC_1177.jpg

DSC_1183.jpg

my mom bought me the 1970 license plate as a little surprise~

DSC_1202.jpg

my dad putting the tips on! don't have a finished product because I had to go to work, so I haven't seen 'em yet!

DSC_1204.jpg

DSC_1205.jpg

we're debating on whether to put this wing on or not
I'm leaning more towards probably not, but ya never know~

dad tried putting the '69 Satellite wiper motor on and it didn't work, so we're still working on that,
it's pretty much the only thing that REALLY need to get done before I can drive it alll the time haha

Last edited:
Those wheels really sets the car off! looks great. sure is coming along good the license plate was a cool add on.

nice looking ride! nothing wrong with a four door in my books, i have a buddy who is nuts about c bodies it can be a blast cruising with your friends

I really like the wheels, I'd be torn about the wing too. I bought a T/A spoiler for my challenger and ended up putting a luggage rack on the back. But I did buy a 70 wing for my 72RR, its a big trunk and needs something to break it up. Have you looked at painting 68 GTX stripes on it?

If you dont want the wing maybe i will buy it from you if you want to sell it. I also have 2 1970 wiper motors. I need one so i do have an extra. Let me know about that wing. Keep up the good work. Mopar or no Car!

that car looks sharp,nothing wrong with 4 doors.nobody gets squished from somebody trying to get into the back.

again a bunch of thanks to everyone who say nice things! haha :)

the wing I've still not decided on, think I might wait until after I paint her (which is still flopping back and forth between every color possible haha) and that probably won't be until the end of this year/next year blah

BUT, my dad and uncle spent an afternoon messing around with my wipers and got 'em working! (thanks for the offer, 68bee70rr!! and I'll keep you posted about the wing for sure if I decide not to use it any time soon!) so now I can drive her in the rain! still don't really want to haha but if I need to I know I have wipers now! and they got the A/C working but still not the heat! but it's spring/summer, don't need heat now, anyways! ;D

my dad has been tinkering with her while I'm at work on the weekends, so I'm glad I have him around :)

he painted some parts under my hood, but still hasn't done anything big, and it's going to rain this weekend so it'll probably be a little while until we can do the hood and try to get inside the engine compartment and stuff~

DSC_1217.jpg

and he put my new grill in for me! she looks so much better now, I love it! I also bought new headlights for 'er and he put them in for me, as well.

DSC_1242.jpg

especially having the metal piece for around the grill on the passenger side FINALLY, that missing made it look so incomplete, now it looks actually decent haha

DSC_1250.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

I had to buy a new starter relay for it, it's been iffy when it starts and we had my uncle look at it and told 'im what's been happening and he said that's what we needed, so I'm hoping that's it, I've been scared to drive it because of thinking I'm gonna be out somewhere and not have it start, so as soon as that goes in all should be fine!

I've been feelin' like just when we think we have everything good something else goes, so I hope we get a break now for a bit haha

and next weekend I believe we're finally getting around to putting my new interior in, my seats and my new carpet! she's still going around now with nothing on the floor, so that definitely needs to be fixed

took her out last weekend with another uncle and his car (he's got a Chevy :p haha), it felt nice to get her out there, we went out to a restaurant that has weekly car hops starting in May, so there wasn't a lot of cars there but it was nice weather so there was actually a handful that were just out cruisin' and stopped by and it makes me SO excited to take her to actual shows!

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1260.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

so yeah, not much too exciting happening right now~

but I did sign up for the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals today, so I'll be there this year with her if anyone's going! haha it's gonna be quite the trip (everyone teases me and says they don't think she'll make it): but I'm so excited!! going with my mom and dad and their cars!

The weather will be getting better soon, you and your dad have it looking great, sounds like your excited and ready! good luck with the little gremlins that needs fixed, once the interior is in there it'll even feel better driving it, enjoy, it looks great! Your uncle has a nice looking 67 Chevelle there to, looks like a cool place there.

Update!!

saw an email from the forum and figured I'd come check it out since it's been over a year since I've posted...

this is my Satty now-a-days...

sobek9.jpg

281ydco.jpg

2eki454.jpg

515utx.jpg

5yzslw.jpg

240yagp.jpg

and can't seem to find a super new photo of the engine
but she's looking way better than she used to...
2qcfmns.jpg

still a ways to go but she's getting there! :)

nice looking Sat. I have a thread for photos for the 70 GTX , Road Runner and Sat. please post some of yours over there also :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back