• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Toyota Crown

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Sorry. Gotta get this out. This is the ugliest goddam disappointment in the industry. I like high line sedans and am always browsing. Think Genesis. Genesis has horrible resale. This has horrible style.

788F788C-DE6C-4D75-B284-4814ECCE57A7.png

I don't like any new cars except the Challenger, Charger and Mustang.
Oh, the trucks are okay.
If you take the emblems off, I couldn't tell you which car was which. As a kid, I could tell cars apart just by the styling. I could identify a car coming down the road at night based on the headlights and grille.

Oh, the trucks are okay.
If you take the emblems off, I couldn't tell you which car was which. As a kid, I could tell cars apart just by the styling. I could identify a car coming down the road at night based on the headlights and grille.
X2,
Most people today, I believe anyway, are looking more for point A to B transportation. Like clothing styles, they've been there and are coming around for more of the same with a little of this and a little of that. Model change was a 500 million to 1 billion deal per model that car manufactures would love to avoid. The Challenger alone has saved Chrysler billions staying with the basic body for years. Redoing some tooling and restart the line. There are still car lovers, but times have changed and people have other things to think about these days besides a car that only last so many years and cost so much. When I was young, a standard car loan was 3 years, today you can go 10 years. I don't make any plans that far out little less for a new car.

I thought the "big grill" fad had passed.

Fugly! If you want a real Crown,I'm thinking a 1966 Imperial might fit the bill!

The crown name has been around since at least the early 70's in the JDM.

They were used as cop cars over there.

Oh, the trucks are okay.

X2.

X2,
Most people today, I believe anyway, are looking more for point A to B transportation. Like clothing styles, they've been there and are coming around for more of the same with a little of this and a little of that. Model change was a 500 million to 1 billion deal per model that car manufactures would love to avoid. The Challenger alone has saved Chrysler billions staying with the basic body for years. Redoing some tooling and restart the line. There are still car lovers, but times have changed and people have other things to think about these days besides a car that only last so many years and cost so much. When I was young, a standard car loan was 3 years, today you can go 10 years. I don't make any plans that far out little less for a new car.

It used to be that the different manufacturers strived to all be different from one another and put out stylish and exciting models. It really makes you wonder why car styling today has become so bland and generic.

Automakers have copied one another since the start. The 1959 GM full size cars used that weird wrap around windshield. Ford copied that.
The 1966 Chevelle/LeMans recessed rear backlight inspired the 68 Charger window.
The AMC Marlin inspired the 1966 Charger.
The AMC Javelin copied the bulging fenders of the 68 Corvette.
The 1983 Imperial took some styling cues from the Cadillac Seville.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back