• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 overnight.....but 82 high for Christmas.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Supposed to be in the low 60's for a high today but high 60's for tomorrow then high 70's for Thursday and low 80's on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and the 10 day forecast says more of the same on out to Thursday. The record for this coming Friday was 82 in 1955 so maybe we'll break it :( but it was this hot here in 15, then again in 16. Normal highs here for this time of year is mid 60's. iirc, mid 40's is normal for the lows.

We are right around our normals, very slightly warmer perhaps.
But much better then last year when we had lots of -40’s. Mind you
January and February are still coming...
69EC9046-961A-47B3-BDD8-54C2DEBBE082.png

Yup....last February was when we had that freeze here that killed quite a few people state wide....

Last edited:
But much better then last year when we had lots of -40’s. Mind you

Wow, that could give you a negative disposition! I'd be worrying about touching something and getting stuck to it like that kids tongue on the flagpole in that Christmas Story movie! :eek:

Weatherford looks really nice. Just far enough from Dallas.

Weatherford looks really nice. Just far enough from Dallas.
But not nearly far away enough from Ft. Worth.

Maybe Thurber or Mingus which is west of Weatherford.

Wow, that could give you a negative disposition! I'd be worrying about touching something and getting stuck to it like that kids tongue on the flagpole in that Christmas Story movie! :eek:

The cold is a weird thing to experience. I mean real cold, not windchill or temporary dips. Warmer then about -30 is fine; you put on a pair of boots, hat and parka and it’s good. Colder then -30 changes everything. Plastic shatters. Think about how many things in our life are plastic. They used to suggest that you could scrape frost off your windshield with a credit card. You only ever do that once. Then you wait two weeks for a new credit card to arrive. Vehicles don’t like to start or move. Even the sensation of cold changes; it’s more of a burning sensation. When I walk out to my shop just my cold blue jeans brushing against my thighs as I walk burns. I paint for a living but don’t do much in the winter because just the logistics of moving paint around is difficult. If it freezes it is ruined. Placing it on the floor of your truck to drive to the job freezes it, even if your cab is warm because the heat rises the floor is cold. If you turn the defrost to the floor your breath freezes on the windshield and you can’t see to drive. If you leave your vehicle running to keep the cab warm the price of fuel makes the profit less. You get used to dealing with this sort of thing, it’s just different. People that live in hot places have to deal with too much heat.

I cannot imagine living in that kind of cold. But I guess you probably wouldn't like our 120° summers much either.
We had houseguests (best friends and good relations) this past fourth of July....., and the a/c literally blew up and caught fire. It was in the mid one hundred teens at the time.

47 here right now with rain moving out of the area. expected 31 tonight with slight frost. starting to warm up tomorrow to 60 and 74 by Christmas day with lows in the 50's.
@Sahara I don't know how you do it but God bless you !
I think the coldest I remember it being here was 13 and a few years back we never got above 32 for 4 or 5 days and when it finally did warm up it busted most everyone's water lines in the county as our frost line is 4'' below ground and most lines buried 6'' below ground.
With the humidity here in summer it is hot a hell and I have people visiting say they don't know how we deal with it but we do.

Commiefornia is getting rain for the next week……well that’s what the weather forecasters say.

Last edited:
Yep, proof that weather changes. It gets warmer and it gets colder. Always has. Always will.

47 here right now with rain moving out of the area. expected 31 tonight with slight frost. starting to warm up tomorrow to 60 and 74 by Christmas day with lows in the 50's.
@Sahara I don't know how you do it but God bless you !
I think the coldest I remember it being here was 13 and a few years back we never got above 32 for 4 or 5 days and when it finally did warm up it busted most everyone's water lines in the county as our frost line is 4'' below ground and most lines buried 6'' below ground.
With the humidity here in summer it is hot a hell and I have people visiting say they don't know how we deal with it but we do.

our frost line is eight feet, minimum. Usually around ten. Places further north where the ground never thaws have what is called utilidors; all lines on top of the ground in insulated runs. Or no lines at all, just a big tank for water and a big tank for sewer inside the heated house. Takes up a lot of space.

our frost line is eight feet, minimum. Usually around ten. Places further north where the ground never thaws have what is called utilidors; all lines on top of the ground in insulated runs. Or no lines at all, just a big tank for water and a big tank for sewer inside the heated house. Takes up a lot of space.
Yep! God bless you brother! ruffcut

The cold is a weird thing to experience. I mean real cold, not windchill or temporary dips. Warmer then about -30 is fine; you put on a pair of boots, hat and parka and it’s good. Colder then -30 changes everything. Plastic shatters. Think about how many things in our life are plastic. They used to suggest that you could scrape frost off your windshield with a credit card. You only ever do that once. Then you wait two weeks for a new credit card to arrive. Vehicles don’t like to start or move. Even the sensation of cold changes; it’s more of a burning sensation. When I walk out to my shop just my cold blue jeans brushing against my thighs as I walk burns. I paint for a living but don’t do much in the winter because just the logistics of moving paint around is difficult. If it freezes it is ruined. Placing it on the floor of your truck to drive to the job freezes it, even if your cab is warm because the heat rises the floor is cold. If you turn the defrost to the floor your breath freezes on the windshield and you can’t see to drive. If you leave your vehicle running to keep the cab warm the price of fuel makes the profit less. You get used to dealing with this sort of thing, it’s just different. People that live in hot places have to deal with too much heat.
Gee, sounds like Nirvana! :)
eye roll.gif

I cannot imagine living in that kind of cold. But I guess you probably wouldn't like our 120° summers much either.
We had houseguests (best friends and good relations) this past fourth of July....., and the a/c literally blew up and caught fire. It was in the mid one hundred teens at the time.
But, it's a dry heat.

Last edited:
cold at night 30's,
we are probably getting more snow later in the week
snow down to/below 3000' elevations
like 50*+ right now, sunny mostly clear skies
maybe snow by Christmas Eve & Christmas day

have I told anyone, how much I hate that Devils Dandruff ?
it ruins everything

no traveling for me this year anyway
stay home warm & dry,
it's a In-Laws year for the kids
most of them are in the valley no snow for them
just probably rain

we do need it, the ******** who are in charge of such thing
don't know how to manage it

such IS life...

Merry Christmas everyone
& a preemptive Happy New Years strike

Yep! God bless you brother!
Man , I super second that emotion! Good Lord, Your could handle on here could be Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, but by your description it was nuthin by comparison! I bought some Mopar parts from Byron of "The Dakota Connection" who is in I think North Dakota and when I was placing my order over the phone he said it was 34 below zero where he was; and you're north of that! I have great respect and admiration to you folks who live in extreme climates! Makes me feel like a wuss when my hands freeze working outside on a car in the winter here, which now sounds to me like nuthin! Dang, I think I have to go & warm up my beer!
Here's to ya!
:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back