• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 overnight.....but 82 high for Christmas.

We’re not even considered north, in the great scheme of things. The REAL north is up on the Arctic coast. THOSE folks are freakin’ hardcore! We at least get some light in the winter, if only for a few hours. They have a few months of zero light. None. No street lights in lots of those communities, either. No wood to burn because there are no trees. Our groceries get trucked in, theirs get flown in or brought by barge once a year.
They consider us southern pussies, and we are, in comparison.

We’re not even considered north, in the great scheme of things. The REAL north is up on the Arctic coast. THOSE folks are freakin’ hardcore! We at least get some light in the winter, if only for a few hours. They have a few months of zero light. None. No street lights in lots of those communities, either. No wood to burn because there are no trees. Our groceries get trucked in, theirs get flown in or brought by barge once a year.

Your stories remind me of some required reading in school, " to build a fire".. LONG time ago but if I "recall" the hiker in the story measured how cold it was by his spit freezing before it hit the ground......

Your stories remind me of some required reading in school, " to build a fire".. LONG time ago but if I "recall" the hiker in the story measured how cold it was by his spit freezing before it hit the ground......
Good read I remember that

I consider them out of their minds. I'm not heating up what just left a warm hole in my *** just so it can get away from me. I lived in Canada for about seven years and God love you guys, I moved.

Been a fairly mild winter so far here.

50 over night and low 80's during the day, although it was 94 one day last week.

So far today, only up to 65.

Could get colder next week or after the 1st.

I've been through several OH winters where it was -10 to -15 for a month or more at a time.

Definitely got the "burning cold" reference.

5b20048d015f2.image.jpg

Weatherford looks really nice. Just far enough from Dallas.

It's really odd to me that people from out of state know about Weatherford. I grew up there in Parker county and I can safely say it's changed a ton. House prices about 8x what I remember growing up, for starters. I went to a Starbucks in hudson oaks and it felt like I walked into Manhattan. DFW overall is just nuts with the housing. Houston area is much more affordable.. if you can take the humidity.

Nearest Walmart to my california house is about a half mile. But I think everywhere in california has a Walmart within a half mile.

Maybe that's what's wrong with california?!?

Nearest Walmart to my california house is about a half mile. But I think everywhere in california has a Walmart within a half mile.

Maybe that's what's wrong with california?!?
Lot less effort to list all that is right with Ca!? Weather. OK so the list is short! :poke::lol:

26 miles for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back