• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 hemi black sooty oil in intake ports

How thick are your intake gaskets? If .031 a little on the thin side. If you need 1/16" or .060" gaskets got some. Thin gasket won't compress that much to seal the bottom edge.
yep the thin one that superformance has I will get a thicker one to try next go around. I even thought about O rings in the intake but I hear that’s pretty pricey.

I like High Tack but the three bond is better.... Honda/Kawasaki & Suzuki all have used it since the early 70's to seal the split point on motorcycle cases.... How many leaks do you see on Japanese motorcycle cases?

Well that good enough for me to order it then cause cycles don’t leak well unless it’s a Harley :lol:

You may have noticed they ween't on my list of manufacturers who use it....:drinks:

I know superformance is the best one but they are out of stock. Can someone recommend the next best one that I can find?

There’s always a chance I got some bad gas since most people don’t run non ethanol 93 pump gas due to the cost.
Liberty on Main Street has non-ethanol 93. It's all I feed Fred.

Liberty on Main Street has non-ethanol 93. It's all I feed Fred.

thanks Ed that’s good to know that’s where I got it from for the fire up so at least I know someone else is using it.

thanks Ed that’s good to know that’s where I got it from for the fire up so at least I know someone else is using it.
It's the real deal because with where I have the timing on Fred, if I put anyone else's 93 in it (ethanol),
he'll let me know real quick he doesn't like it. :)

Also now thinking about when I torque again a few days later and after I run it. I have been using permatex ultra gray on the rails with no gasket I’m now wondering after it sets up would it be holding the intake up preventing proper torque on the gaskets? Don’t know what gasket material would be good to use on the end rails I’ve seen a closed cell foam type used on them before but don’t know how well it works or where to source it.

I'd stick with the ultra gray on the end rails, it works well in that location.... It will compress when you retorque, which is highly recommended on Hemi intakes...

yep the thin one that superformance has I will get a thicker one to try next go around. I even thought about O rings in the intake but I hear that’s pretty pricey.
Think mating would have be close to perfect for o-rings.

I know superformance is the best one but they are out of stock. Can someone recommend the next best one that I can find?
Get this one

AD6999B3-E59B-4EE4-8C20-857C2E1F28A8.png

Auto Transport Service
Back