• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440bb 40psi cyl6 not firing help!!

TruckManiaMike

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Just got this motor and it sounded a lil wonky. Might be cammed not sure what’s been done, has a Holley street dominator intake manifold, 600cfm Edelbrock carb, and long tube headers. No fire to cylinder 6 definitely have spark because i used a spark tester at the end of the plug. just did a compression test (cold motor all plugs removed full charged battery throttle wide open tested one cylinder at a time) here’s my results in psi

8-160
6-40
4-120
2-120
1-150
3-90 hears psh noise
5-150
7-170

IMG_4298.jpeg

Run a leak down test. You could also pull the valve covers and inspect the valve train. If compression was ok I would be looking at the cap as 3 and 6 are next to each other.

Pull the intake and valley pan and you should find it. Maybe bent or broken. Go from there.

Should be but why???

Someone couldn't count to 8?

pushrods don't just fall into the valley... i would at least make sure the cam lobe is still there, can do that with the intake on..

I would also get a light and inspect the top of the lifter if you can see it decently to check if the socket is ok, and nothing has come loose

Auto Transport Service
Back