• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Awesome news Daytona Kid . . . Sorry you didn't get pics to share but that tells us exactly how excited you were - Get pics next time ? ? LOL ! ! !

Good to hear he's doing right by you, next is the fun part... assembly!:thumbsup:

You need to get back over there and get those pictures though.

I gotta take him another pile of money, maybe tomorrow. I will hopefully get some pics then. He is not working on it all day everyday, at about 75years old he just works part time. But he's going faster than I thought he would. He went to a GM factory bodyshop school in 1960 and has been making works of art ever since., that kinda gives you an idea of his experience. I'm gonna ask him how many he's done, bet it's around 1000, at least.

Last edited:
Got some pics today. I meant to get some of inside the roof, but forgot. He had trouble get the roof smooth so he used a trick he had of welding a few 1/8" x 1" metal straps/braces front to back in between the 3 main roof frame rails. I thought it looked pretty cool, kinda nascar-ish and adds a little more safety, sorta.
20170215_110154_resized (1).jpg
20170215_110243_resized.jpg
20170215_110355_resized.jpg
20170215_110327_resized.jpg
20170215_110555_resized (1).jpg
20170215_110534_resized (3).jpg

Seems we are at about the same place with our Chargers. Will be exciting to see your progress and see who can get done first. You are well ahead of me as I am 7 years in so far.

Any picture updates Kid?
Nope, Haven't been back since those last pics. I have only been to see it 4 times since giving it to him. Kinda don't want to bother him, but he did say come by anytime, guess I may go more now since it should be getting close to done. Will definitely get more pics next visit. He's so good even the way he had the doors taped up impressed me. He did a 69charger 1 year ago so he has fresh experience with that body.

Loving the progress kid as I've followed your thread from the start,any progress is a exciting accomplished.im behind you but not buy much, as soon as I get things moved n back on track its game on lol

I primed the rollbar and have decided rather than weld a tab and bolt the shoulder harness I'll use/buy the wrap around connection type. My seats have holes for the shoulder belts to go thru so that will keep them centered. Still undecided about the color for final paint on the roll bar. I'm thinking I may go with a hammered red. Lowes has a it in spray cans for $6. And black for bar pads color. I expect some dislike to a red roll bar but one good thing is I think it may make possible cracks more visible than black, not that I'm expecting any cracks but I'll be looking the car over after getting it running I'm sure.

20170322_110121_resized.jpg 020066721787.jpg

Last edited:
Kid I got your envelope. That was not necessary, but thank you.

Well worth it., Those blank-offs saved me some time and effort. Thanks again.. Wasn't that you that I got the uscartool stiffening parts from?

Yes it was.
Wasn't sure, that's how bad my memory is., lol.
Thanks again for that stuff also.
So what do you think about my red hammered roll bar idea? I think I mentioned a while back how I'm planning on black paint job for the car with a red tail-stripe, and a few other red items, such as carpet, harness belts, and maybe headliner. Everything else on the interior will be black, with a few shiny aluminum panels to cover the deleted backseat. May invest in a cheap bead roller.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure, that's how bad my memory is., lol.
Thanks again for that stuff also.
So what do you think about my red hammered roll bar idea? I think I mentioned a while back how I'm planning on black paint job for the car with a red tail-stripe, and a few other red items, such as carpet, harness belts, and maybe headliner. Everything else on the interior will be black, with a few shiny aluminum panels to cover the deleted backseat. May invest in a cheap bead roller.
To me it sounds like a good idea. I think that it will look good with your paint scheme. I like the sound of a little red accent to pull it all together.

I think with a red interior it would look good.

I expect some dislike to a red roll bar but one good thing is I think it may make possible cracks more visible than black

A good way to check for cracks is to install a schrader valve somewhere on the roll bar. If the piping is airtight and holds pressure, you have no cracks. If a crack does show up, you'll hear it. It helps to plan for this at the outset so you can make sure all the piping is connected in a way that it will be pressurized all over from a single source.

Auto Transport Service
Back