• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Went by the painter's today. They have got more done in 2 weeks than was done in the past 2 years.. And what they've done is really smooth. If they keep this pace it might only take 3-4 months., just guessing.
20161217_134450_resized.jpg
20161217_134503_resized.jpg

I forgot to mention that the painter is going to remove the fenders and doors to paint them once he gets them smooth. That is the best way to make sure they're painted right. But they needed to be on while he is smoothing, fixing body lines and gaps. I am going to ask him if I can put them back on myself here at my shop to save on my bill from him.

I haven't mentioned my pups lately and figured I should update my fellow dog lovers on what has happened with them over the past few months. Sadly a couple more have passed on. Sally was the only one left after I had to have Skip put to sleep because of poor health and old age, 15. Sally, who is 17, was acting sad and lonely so after a couple of months I found a 6 month old lab mix in a local shelter. He looks like most of the dogs I've had. He is doing good but having to ease into Sally's good graces as can be seen in the pic. I named him Buddy and he is kinda like a Christmas present for me and Sally.
20161114_205314_resized.jpg

Sorry for your loss. My two dogs can be royal a PITA but I can't imagine life without them. Always a tough time saying goodbye to a friend.

sorry about the lost puppies, ours are part of the family also,its tough to let them go, thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear, I just had to put my 14 year old Rott down last week. Don't realize how big of a role they are until they're gone.

Congrats on the Charger moving forward.

Glad to see the progress on the Charger, Kid! Hope the new pup does well!

So sorry for your loss . . . and happy for your new addition ! 17 - WOW, my lab was 16 1/2 when I had to put her down and Sally is already 17 . . . you go girl ! ! !

Love the progress on the Charger . . . looking good . . . I just started the bodywork on my car . . . OH BOY ? ? ? Fun, fun, fun . . .

Thanks Guys.. My lab Sissy was over 20 and healthy looking and acting. Still think she had a heart attack barking at what she thought was an intruder. Sally still chases her ball, when I throw it right in front of her so she can see it. The females seem to live a few years longer than the males I've had., same with us humans.lol. The newby Buddy, is doing great and should be a very good guard dog. Supposedly he is a Lab/German shepherd mix, but not sure. He has a very strong bite force, as can be seen here where he bit his giant bone in two. lol.
20161230_214704_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Have to make note, It's been 4 years to date since I started this thread,. I got the car Oct. of 2012. Waaay too long not to be finished.. sob.

Have to make note, It's been 4 years to date since I started this thread,. I got the car Oct. of 2012. Waaay too long not to be finished.. sob.
It's all good kid, your on the home stretch don't get frustrated. It's all gonna be worth it in the end.

Don't worry Kid I've been on my project longer than that. Hopefully this is the year!

Been a while since I've checked on your progress. Coming right along. It took me 5 years. You'll forget about the time you spent when it's done. Then when someone asks you who did this car? You can say I did. Doesn't get any better than that. Carry on.
Doug

They always say if you want something done rite do it yourself, n look at the coin you saved lol:thumbsup:
You're very right., except with me the final exterior paint was not for me. Since I've done everything else so far I figured I've saved enough to afford a good paint job. I may could have done it but I didn't really have the place or the knowledge/skill to paint it right. I did get a lot of the body filling and blocking done for the painter tho. He said I could come help/watch and I'm sure I could learn some stuff from him, maybe for future use. I don't want to bug him tho. Not sure if I will or not, maybe. I did visit him a week or so ago and took him some cash. I'm on the pay as we go plan, which is what I recommend to anyone farming out any work on old cars. He had the doors and fenders off preping them. The roof was all he had left to smooth out on the rest of the car.

Last edited:
Went to check the painter's progress yesterday. So excited forgot to take pics. He will be finished painting it in about 1 more month. He has really done a good job smoothing it out. Doors and fenders are primed and ready for some black. He has a little more smoothing to go on the roof and around the rear window before priming the body. Very happy with his work so far..

Auto Transport Service
Back