• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I would say your right on the 15 x 10s. I'm on year 3 with mine now. Also hoping to have it on the street this year too. :hello2:

Attachments

• 87_1.jpg
    87_1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 500
Found this and had to post it.. lol.. Love pics of hot babes & cars!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 519
The body-shop has just about got it all smoothed out. Slow but sure..

Attachments

• 12509436_974490039265868_5745105010822344511_n.jpg
    12509436_974490039265868_5745105010822344511_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Sometimes I really wonder why the hell it takes a body shop so long, other than the regular excuses. I figure 1 guy could get a lot done in an eight hr day. JMHO

Sometimes I really wonder why the hell it takes a body shop so long, other than the regular excuses. I figure 1 guy could get a lot done in an eight hr day. JMHO
Yea I agree. I know what's going on with my car taking so long, the painter under bid the job on my car and he has other cars that are making him more money quicker so he is doing those and working on mine in between them and/or not as much. He has to pay his crew each week and the other cars do that better than mine does. In other words my car is not as big of a priority as far as getting it done quick. That said, I still have confidence in him and how my car will turn out. I do wish it was done but I'm not in a rush to the point of bugging him to hurry it. I'm trying to find stuff to keep busy but I'm about out of things for the car. If I had a little more loose cash I'd start on the motor but that will have to wait a while.

Yep there always seems to be something else to work on!

Growing very impatient to see it, kick them in their ***!

Speaking off, have you decided which way to go with the engine?

Not really, but I have the 400 block which I'll start on soon if nothing else. Just missed a deal on a running 440 + 727 trans out of a winnebago for $1000. I was the 1st to call 15 mins after he posted the ad at 9pm. He talked my ear off for 1 hr, I told him I'd be there to get it next day. He sold it that morning to someone who called after me. I wish I could get my hands around his throat. Guess that was a sign for me to forget 440s, from all I've read the 400 makes a better race motor anyway, and of course I'll stroke it to 512ci . Would have started already but finances are kinda tight.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep there always seems to be something else to work on!

Guess I could start polishing on all the trim pieces.

Just be patient, a deal will come along. I waited till my car was painted before I started thinking about the engine. Gave me plenty of time to change my mind about a 100 times. Jim should have mine running here this month some time.

I had to find something to work on before I go nuts waiting on the body-shop, so I drug out all the crusty trim. Wow, didn't realize there was so much. Should keep me busy for a little while cleaning and polishing.

Attachments

• 20160219_212836_resized.jpg
    20160219_212836_resized.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 309
I had to find something to work on before I go nuts waiting on the body-shop, so I drug out all the crusty trim. Wow, didn't realize there was so much. Should keep me busy for a little while cleaning and polishing.

I hear ya! I didn't have near as much on my Road Runner, but it still took a lot of time - especially when I occasionally caught a piece in the buffing wheel and then had to dix a ding or dent (or even in one case find another). :iamwithstupid:

When Mark was doing my bodywork I spent a lot of time messing with small stuff: Grinding rust off of brackets and repainting, polishing trim, rebuilding shifter, suspension parts, etc. It's the little stuff that kills you, so I think working on some of this stuff now is wise indeed!

I enjoy following this thread - keep up the good work!

Hawk

Got a couple pieces done. They clean up nice, using a rigged up buffing wheel, jeweler's rouge and mother's polish. I'll have to replace a couple due to rust or damage but hopefully not many. Being very careful with the wheel and razor sharp trim edges, don't need anymore stitches. Nice being back in the shop working on something for the car.

Attachments

• 20160220_180004_resized.jpg
    20160220_180004_resized.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 20160220_180122_resized.jpg
    20160220_180122_resized.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 20160220_210325_resized.jpg
    20160220_210325_resized.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Yes sir bud! That is lookin good! Glad to see you still building and making this cooler! Ive done so little this winter on mine, ill leave it at that, you sure are gittin it done... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea!

Agreed that looks great, good to get a jump on the trim for sure.

Shiny! You will be grateful that you're doing the tedious stuff now so you can just install it later. As always Daytona, looking good.

Auto Transport Service
Back