• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Belvedere 318 poly granny cruiser (one day i hope)

Did the same on my 64 Dart. Engine was out so what the heck why not.
The car was just a beater but needed work in the battery box area.
Figured if I was to paint the rest of the car, least this would be done.
FYI, The rad support was black from the factory. It got a respray too.

IMG_1851.jpg

Did the same on my 64 Dart. Engine was out so what the heck why not.
The car was just a beater but needed work in the battery box area.
Figured if I was to paint the rest of the car, least this would be done.
FYI, The rad support was black from the factory. It got a respray too.

View attachment 1480007

Where did you get the paint? And i got lucky, my battery box and all the metal it mounts to are solid.. car is a freak..

Google automotive factory paint in spray cans . Not cheap I think it was $40 a can.
Covered very well.Gave the can to the guy that bought the car.
I found the info on A bodies 6-7 years ago.
I tried to look it up on the A bodies site but couldn't find it.

Sorry that site only goes back to 1981.

If I remember they use the factory paint code.
EDIT: I found the name of the company that I used.
AUTOMOTIVE TOUCH UP PAINT. Don't know why I couldn't remember that...
They said call if you don't find your paint code listed. Worth a shot.

Last edited:
If I remember they use the factory paint code.
EDIT: I found the name of the company that I used.
AUTOMOTIVE TOUCH UP PAINT. Don't know why I couldn't remember that...
They said call if you don't find your paint code listed. Worth a shot.
Will take a look, thanks darter :)

A little more work done... and i'm SOOO close to no more rust/welding.. like 8" to go and i'm out of argon :( Also was gifted a 4.57 rear pig.... which is WAY more than i wanted but just means more fun :)
Turned this....
2023-06-21 18.15.42.jpg

Into
2023-06-25 12.37.00.jpg

Oh.. also ordered paint from Vintage paint.. and it actually matches super close so i'm happy with that... in this shot the old bay paint is crazy dirty and no shine.. tried some on the quarter panel and can't even tell it's different.

2023-06-23 17.15.57.jpg

In high school my 70 Duster 340 4 speed had 5.13's. It was my daily driver for school and work.
Fun! Those 4.57 gears will smoke some tires !!
Yeah.. will be running et streets for sure... and 5.13s.. just no way :) I will end up at like 3.55 eventually but not worried bout it yet. I will never take the car on the highway so it will just be fun

Got the bay empty and clean which was a pain.. but i can start sanding and get ready for paint.. primer showed up, new paint gun.. all that fun stuff :) Humidity has been 100% here so didn't work yesterday also don't want to sand anything just to watch it rust in 30 seconds :)

2023-07-01 17.00.20.jpg

7 and a half hours sanding and prepping today.. i'm beat.. came out ok, i'm supposed to spray the red over dark gray primer.. hope the light primer doesn't make it too light.

Got a few small fixes before color..
1688501961941.jpeg

K.. shooting red is a nightmare, i couldn't see how anything was flowing it just made my eyes go WTF... some orange peel to fix.. havne't painted in 25 years and never with a new style gun soo... learning things.
1688699421163.jpeg

1688699468310.png

No sleep.. i'm sooo tired today :( and my hands look like i was up killing hookers all night (red paint that wont come off)
2023-07-07 05.55.08.jpg

When the bay gets filled and all the pieces are back in, many issues will not be seen. Of course you'll know they are there. Its bound to be better than oe anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back