• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Belvedere 318 poly granny cruiser (one day i hope)

When the bay gets filled and all the pieces are back in, many issues will not be seen. Of course you'll know they are there. Its bound to be better than oe anyway.
me knowing is the issue :) i will clean it up a bit and it will be fine. it's so much nicer than the rest of the car it will be odd when i open the hood :)

The first area I'll be retraining in is the engine bay, underside of the hood, door jambs and back sides of the doors. First go around will be with primers. Hopefully when its color/clear time, I'll be less likely to hang curtains.

The first area I'll be retraining in is the engine bay, underside of the hood, door jambs and back sides of the doors. First go around will be with primers. Hopefully when its color/clear time, I'll be less likely to hang curtains.
I got lucky and only ran one spot which was the back side of a shock tower where the cam bolt goes... just too tight of a spot to get the gun into so i hosed it :( other than that i'm ok with it... learned a few lessons

I did my 64 Dart and I completely understand the feeling, "Now I HAVE to paint the rest of the car..."

IMG_1851.jpg

my hands look like i was up killing hookers all night (red paint that wont come off)

I thought you were using a spray gun not finger painting! :lol:

Been there, done that. Lots of work prepping the engine bay but the end result is worth it. Wait till the power-plant is back in.

20160628_160333.jpg

20170225_092428.jpg

I thought you were using a spray gun not finger painting! :lol:

Been there, done that. Lots of work prepping the engine bay but the end result is worth it. Wait till the power-plant is back in.

View attachment 1490992
View attachment 1490991
Your end result is much better than mine :) came home with fresh eyes and really not happy.. prolly another 20 hours to fix the paint.. but will get there :)

Been moving slow and now my back is out :( Sunday i finally cleaned and painted the last part on the underside of the car (trans tunnel) and got brake lines in front to back.. gonna start getting the front suspension in this week i hope.. need to reinforce the LCAs but out of argon.. hate that..

Paint looks ok.. but has some dust in it :( shoulda wet the floor.... (second pic is washed out from the flast)
Paint from vintagepaint matches perfect.
2023-07-07 05.55.08.jpg
2023-07-15 05.57.27.jpg

Looking good, progress is always nice.

K.. wanted to get carpet in today and start getting my interior together (bitch doing my seats is ******* me, i literally don't have seats now and you can't buy them for a 62.. kinda fucked)
Soo.. i get the carpet in and drill the hole for the gas pedal.. it pulled a thread and fucked the carpet.. i'm soo bummed. No matter what i do i will **** it up every time.
1690135277773.jpeg

Gotta love it when an inanimate object gets the better of you. Zen, have a beer, Zen and get back at it.

A little more done... brakes are complete other than fluid/bleeding.. (the TOO long flex lines are bugging me too much).. And suspension in, i don't think i will do the center link til the motor/headers are in, save myself that battle..
Got the cam in the motor last night and it's off by 3degrees which is bothering me, i know i can just adjust it, but it bugs me that it's off in the first place..
2023-08-02 05.56.01.jpg

2023-08-02 05.56.10.jpg

You may want to try looping your brake hose to the front and around the shock.
It travels with the control arms movement so no chaffing,or binding on turns.
Just a thought.

IMG_0006.JPG

You may want to try looping your brake hose to the front and around the shock.
It travels with the control arms movement so no chaffing,or binding on turns.
Just a thought.

View attachment 1503500

Hadn't thought of that... will take a look when i get home.. Piratejacks will refund the lines if i want but they don't have any shorter ones, 18" for a 8" gap seems a bit much :) DrDiffs are 15".. don't wanna spend $75 to lose 3"

Another thought is swapping the calipers and hanging them from the front like A body cars.
They use the longer brake hoses.

IMG_2635.jpg

Another thought is swapping the calipers and hanging them from the front like A body cars.
They use the longer brake hoses.

View attachment 1503522

yeah.. i thought of doing that, just don't wanna take it all back apart... cause A: I'm lazy... and B: it would take a whole hour :) I still might do that though

I left the dust covers off mine though.. not sure how i feel bout them

Yeah, The first photo was my 65 Belvedere. I left 'um off too.
Same as you,lazy as I forgot to install them before the rotors and stuff went on.
Said I'll put them on next time I take things apart. That was 16 years ago...

Auto Transport Service
Back