• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 charger photos

our 66 before and after

this is the 318 charger when we got it
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg

and how it is now

rebuilt 440, 284 comp cam, 750 holley, hookers, and pertronix ignition.
727 with shift kit
rebuilt 8 3/4 with 3.55's
centerline split spokes
complete suspension overhaul, hotchkis leafs, and torsions. energy suspension bushings all around.
interior is yet to be done though
the hoosiers are gone because they were just too big for how much street driving we do. went to a mickey thompson
IMG_1701[1].jpgIMG_1702[1].jpgIMG_1700[1].jpgIMG_1669[1].jpg

hope you like it!

Here's another of the front

Need to figure out where the short for the headlight motors is. The motors work when jumped with power but the switch only turns the bulbs on

image.jpg

Here's another of the front

Need to figure out where the short for the headlight motors is. The motors work when jumped with power but the switch only turns the bulbs on

View attachment 184492

Great job on the car! What size rear tire are you running?

Headlamps...could be a bunch of possibility's why they aren't rotating. It is good that they spin when hot wired.
I would start by checking out this link. It is the Charger supplement service bulletin. It has all the systems unique to Chargers. It has good troubleshooting and wiring info.

http://www.retrorarities.com/images/ChargerServiceManualSuppliment.pdf

Thanks to Bob (OZking) for the site

My guess is there is a problem with the 3 relays behind the glove box. If you pin it down to the relays Bryan (A383Wing) here has new plug and play modern Bosch relay kits.
Any questions I'm sure we can help you get the lamps turning.

Good luck!
Reed

Good luck!

Thanks GP.
Another item that everyone forgets about is the relay behind the driver kick panel. If it's bad or broken, the lamps won't work. That is an easy replace from NAPA (or parts store).

My 67 (pictures previously posted here) is in the restoration shop (wish I had time and know how to complete myself but not until retirement!). See pictures posted at the below where the shop posted a bunch of pictures of the body repairs post sandblasting (select "show more" link). Generally car is in good shape except for the cowl and around the taillights.

http://www.premierrestony.com/#!67-charger/c1mb7

charger photos

this is the 318 charger when we got it
View attachment 184222
View attachment 184228

and how it is now

rebuilt 440, 284 comp cam, 750 holley, hookers, and pertronix ignition.
727 with shift kit
rebuilt 8 3/4 with 3.55's
centerline split spokes
complete suspension overhaul, hotchkis leafs, and torsions. energy suspension bushings all around.
interior is yet to be done though
the hoosiers are gone because they were just too big for how much street driving we do. went to a mickey thompson
View attachment 184229View attachment 184230View attachment 184231View attachment 184232

hope you like it!
HI, beautiful charger, what's the size of the Hoosiers? Thanks

My 67 Charger Finished

Here are some pictures of my Copper on Copper White Hat Special 67 Charger finally finished after a 4 year restoration project. 383, 727, PS, PB, factory AC. From my research it appears to be one of 12 made in 67 with this color combo.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see from the Xmas decorations, it was actually mostly complete in Jan of this year. As if they are ever done, lol!

Attachments

• 67 Charger Engine.jpg
    67 Charger Engine.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 368
  • 67 Charger Interior.jpg
    67 Charger Interior.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 67 Charger Rear Shot.jpg
    67 Charger Rear Shot.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 1967 Charger Front Quarter View.jpg
    1967 Charger Front Quarter View.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 1967 Charger Interior 2.jpg
    1967 Charger Interior 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 1967 Charger Rear View 2.jpg
    1967 Charger Rear View 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 1967 Charger Side View.jpg
    1967 Charger Side View.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 389
That Charger is such a beauty Mark! I've always liked that color combo! Some day I hope to see it in person.
My 67's finally leaving the yard and heading into the body shop here in a couple of weeks. I still have some work to do before paint, but who knows, I may have a painted body ready for assembly by spring.

Mike

Christmas in Arizona...LOL!

Here are some pictures of my Copper on Copper White Hat Special 67 Charger finally finished after a 4 year restoration project. 383, 727, PS, PB, factory AC. From my research it appears to be one of 12 made in 67 with this color combo.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see from the Xmas decorations, it was actually mostly complete in Jan of this year. As if they are ever done, lol!

Thats one of my top 8 dream cars. That specific color combo and top.

Mine is close but in blue with a small block front view charger at property.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back