• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A funny story from today that I forgot to post earlier...

BetterAnxiousArgali-max-1mb.gif

Like outlawd , I always seem to have some change in my pocket and when paying many times I will use that change.
As time goes on though it's getting hard to stand and wait for the kids to figure things out. Lol,
More often now all my change just ends up in a coffee can.

I think it is a function of the "pay everything with a credit/ debit card" crowd. They get 2% back, you see.
I have seen people hold up the line at the cashier cause their card isn't accepted and they can't come up with cash for a $2.67 purchase. It's little wonder a cashier can't make change without the computer.

But these were old, professional people. One had a masters degree in public health. She’s a health inspector. Even a halfwit basketball player with a bogus college degree could have done that math.
I could do that math in first grade. But I was educated in prehistoric days.

My father was a CPA. And German. And CDR-USN(Ret).

I balanced a checkbook before I could write cursive.

I learned all sorts of tricks for math-in-head that still shock people...

Ahh cursive, the new hieroglyphics for the millennials.
Yep.

I know what that third pedal in the car is for, too!

Hell, I know the left foot button, AND the right foot button! (Former mother-in-law had a Nash Metropolitan, taught me that foot-starter thing).

I used to know how to drive a Model T...but have since purged that from the memory banks since it was such a pain in the *** and I have zero desire to do it again.

Anyone remember the candid camera show? They had a bit where they put a sign 110% off on a table of clothes in a store. Only one person asked for their 10% back, all the rest pulled out their wallets.

I guess things haven’t changed much. :wtf:

Yep.

I know what that third pedal in the car is for, too!

Hell, I know the left foot button, AND the right foot button! (Former mother-in-law had a Nash Metropolitan, taught me that foot-starter thing).

I used to know how to drive a Model T...but have since purged that from the memory banks since it was such a pain in the *** and I have zero desire to do it again.
You forgot to mention the hi/low beam switch also a supernatural stuff for young drivers, am I getting old knowing how all the pedals you mentioned work?

The lady across the street when I moved in here (in the seventies) had a 56 Buick. The starter switch was under the gas pedal. You floored it to crank the engine over.

I'm not sure how they kept the starter from cranking if you floored it in use on the highway.

Auto Transport Service
Back