• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 purchase questions

999 SOP Rallye green was Plymouth
F6 Spring green was Dodge

It's listed in the registry.... But "Registered" doesn't mean "Authenticated"

I would spend some time over on the A12 Registry asking questions...

Looking around it appears some of the early cars didn't have A12 on line 3 But some did...

Last edited:
Registry shows it has a build sheet... Does the Build sheet and the VIN have an M in the fifth spot? Should Read RM21M9A246468

It's listed in the registry.... But "Registered" doesn't mean "Authenticated"

I would spend some time over on the A12 Registry asking questions...

Looking around it appears some of the early cars didn't have A12 on line 3 But some did...
As I said earlier, my 426 sbd car HAS A12 on the tag. The one o.p. is looking at is a 329 car, and may not have the same info on the tag. (Tho having the A12 onthe tag would help assy line to get the right parts on it.)
If it has a broadcast sheet, that is the BEST way to authenticate it.

this is a real a12 car! car has a broadcast sheet as well that has a12 in the list. this is a early a12 so not uncommon. acouple a12s even have H in the vin. the tag is real and so is the car. am pretty sure this a preorder car before they started producing them. and all a12s car started life as 383 cars so tag will always read e63 for engine code. a12 was a package **** even some early a12s had s13 suspension from hearing from older guys that been around these cars and study them

As I said earlier, my 426 sbd car HAS A12 on the tag. The one o.p. is looking at is a 329 car, and may not have the same info on the tag. (Tho having the A12 onthe tag would help assy line to get the right parts on it.)
If it has a broadcast sheet, that is the BEST way to authenticate it.
I know the A12’s were all Lynch Road, but I’ve heard of quite a few that had broadcast sheets from other cars. One car had 3, none of which were for that car. And LA cars are mostly without. The fender tag is on all cars.

My former A12 Superbee had the A12 on the fender tag, and the WM23M9A VIN. This A12 Road Runner is like some of the earlier 69 Charger 500 cars that had XS VIN verses XX VIN, and A11 on the fender tag. My former 69 Charger 500 was built December 4th 1968 and had the XX29L9B VIN and A11 on the fender tag. The first batch of 69 Charger 500 cars had the XS29 VIN on them.

My former A12 Superbee had the A12 on the fender tag, and the WM23M9A VIN. This A12 Road Runner is like some of the earlier 69 Charger 500 cars that had XS VIN verses XX VIN, and A11 on the fender tag. My former 69 Charger 500 was built December 4th 1968 and had the XX29L9B VIN and A11 on the fender tag. The first batch of 69 Charger 500 cars had the XS29 VIN on them.
The first Charger 500 was VINed a 1968. I saw it and talked to the owner at the time in the early 80’s. If I remember correctly the VIN was XS29J8.

It had ‘69 taillights and ‘68 side markers.

The first Charger 500 was VINed a 1968. I saw it and talked to the owner at the time in the early 80’s. If I remember correctly the VIN was XS29J8.

It had ‘69 taillights and ‘68 side markers.
Yes,I remember that car. It was the prototype for 500 production cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back