• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Radiator

m79ded

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a good radiator for my 79 Magnum XE, It has a 451 doing over 600 hp and it just getting to hot for comfort, on longer drives the temps just keep ever so slowly creep up till it gets to 3/4 on the guage and the thing is boiling in the overflow bottle, around town it's not too bad manageable. t's a 28" rad 3 cores copper but I was looking at aluminum and narrowed it to Wizard or griffin, any input on either of those?? suggestions?
Thanks

Do you have a picture of your set up? Is the shroud sealed good to radiator? What size fan/radiator combo do you have now. your combo may just need tweaking.

I had Wizard build me a 22" with fans that they told me would cool my 540 with A/C. Beautiful but pricey.
Mike
IMG_1650.JPG

Do you have a picture of your set up? Is the shroud sealed good to radiator? What size fan/radiator combo do you have now. your combo may just need tweaking.
I can get a pic, Basically it's 100% original for a 79 Magnum the radiator cores were updated to 3 a few years back worked ok with a mildly warmed over 440 but when I put the 451 in there it just keeps creeping up on longer drives on the highway, Shroud is there in it's original location, clutch fan is fairly new as well,

I'm currently using a Wizard, after the champion I had was a piece of garbage. Fits perfect on stock mounting on the support, stock shroud fits exactly, just had to used a narrower Hayden clutch. I like the Wizard.

I'm currently using a Wizard, after the champion I had was a piece of garbage. Fits perfect on stock mounting on the support, stock shroud fits exactly, just had to used a narrower Hayden clutch. I like the Wizard.
Awesome Thanks very much for the input

Auto Transport Service
Back