• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else into bicycles?

I'll have my Plymouth done soon.

Not sure how I missed this thread...

Since my hip issue 16 years ago I have been unable to run. So to keep in shape, I started biking. A couple or years ago, I had a Seven built for me. It rides great...

IMG_0772.JPG

Not sure how I missed this thread...

Since my hip issue 16 years ago I have been unable to run. So to keep in shape, I started biking. A couple or years ago, I had a Seven built for me. It rides great...

View attachment 547800

Love those custom 7’s. What frame material did you go with? It was the steel frame 7’s and some of the other custom steel frames that made me try out the LeMond I posted above.

Whats it called when the mind regressed to one childhood?
Originally Sigmund Freud classified regression as a defense mechanism for coping with stress; where one reverts to earlier, more childlike patterns of behavior to cope. Since regression is a common phenomenon that occurs most often under stress, we all do it constantly, yet most of it is unconscious.Sep 11, 2014
Conscious and Unconscious Regression | Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-in.../conscious-and-unconscious-regression

Love those custom 7’s. What frame material did you go with? It was the steel frame 7’s and some of the other custom steel frames that made me try out the LeMond I posted above.

Mine is steel, and I prefer the road feel of steel frame. Many say the titanium frames ride like steel but others disagree. Plus, I couldn't afford the titanium either, so I'll keep brainwashing myself that steel is better! Regardless, the quality of the workmanship is amazing, plus the bike is 100% American made.

Mine is steel, and I prefer the road feel of steel frame. Many say the titanium frames ride like steel but others disagree. Plus, I couldn't afford the titanium either, so I'll keep brainwashing myself that steel is better! Regardless, the quality of the workmanship is amazing, plus the bike is 100% American made.

Yeah looked like a steel frame. My Zurich rides amazing. I’ve never riden high end bikes, only low end aluminum and old 80’s steel. Compared to the cheap aluminum bikes, which are stiff as hell, the steel Zurich is butter.

I can only imagine how good that custom Seven rides

PK's were aluminum. I bent one.

Hutch was mild steel. I broke one.

I ended up with a full cr/mo Team Mongoose in de-epoxied natural nickel.

I was an unofficial test rider for the bike shop that became DK (K&G) in Dayton OH.

At 14 I was 6'2 and 165#. I broke/bent a LOT of stuff.

The third time I broke a gooseneck they gave me a prototype AL top steel bottom hybrid and said "see if you can break this..."

I was pleasantly surprised a few years ago when I picked up a BMX mag in a library and saw DK had Mopar themed bikes like the Fury, and Dart.

Anyone else into bicycles around here? Here's my latest build: 2001 LeMond Zurich. I always liked these steel LeMonds so I decided to build one for daily riding.

Rides like a dream and is surprisingly light at just a tick over 17 lbs.

View attachment 440775

Anyone else?

View attachment 440769 View attachment 440770 View attachment 440771 View attachment 440772 View attachment 440773 View attachment 440774

That was "the Bike" to own back then.....
Still is to today!
Congrads on your find "Dude"

PK's were aluminum. I bent one.

Hutch was mild steel. I broke one.

I ended up with a full cr/mo Team Mongoose in de-epoxied natural nickel.

I was an unofficial test rider for the bike shop that became DK (K&G) in Dayton OH.

At 14 I was 6'2 and 165#. I broke/bent a LOT of stuff.

The third time I broke a gooseneck they gave me a prototype AL top steel bottom hybrid and said "see if you can break this..."

I was pleasantly surprised a few years ago when I picked up a BMX mag in a library and saw DK had Mopar themed bikes like the Fury, and Dart.

Recognize the stem on my Mach 1?

2C651628-F3F3-4486-80A9-7109C70CCFDF.jpeg

Early 80s had se racing frame bullseye bottom,bracket bullseye neck, se bars 7x rims with bullseye hubs, uni seat cant remember the name of the peddles.....had a few red lines gew GTs.....early kuwahara (sp?)...even a Rodger decoster which was a knock off of mongoose....had a mingoose supergoose,teamgoose.....

Just reread this post. Damn, I’d have killed for all that Bullseye bling.

I couldn't run a three piece crank.

Had to have solid cr/mo.

Again, I bent two steel cranks and destroyed a three piece before K&G hooked me up with a Takagi.

Had to have solid cr/mo.

Again, I bent two steel cranks and destroyed a three piece before K&G hooked me up with a Takagi.

Lol, no, the stem. Let me take a closer pic...

3FEAB415-E3AE-4073-B5E9-20BB75190178.jpeg

Had to have solid cr/mo.

ya..the bullseye bottom bracket is the only one that had a warranty...I only had breakage problems when doing freestyle as for racing never broke one...it actually was a tuffneck with bulleye head bearings....forgot about the PK ripper witch was SE racing .......I tried to replace my old days with an old bike....nope too much $$ if I only had my paper route!!

Auto Transport Service
Back