• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here ever use Topline Johnson lifters?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone bought any of these lifters recently?
I am going with a Comp Hydraulic cam and while their lifters may be fine, I am interested in trying something else.
In 2006, I wiped 2 Comp Cams in my red car, back to back. This was before I knew about Zinc and Phosphorus levels. Since then, I have used a MP 509, a Lunati solid and the MP 528 solid. With the last 2, I used the Howards lifters with the EDM hole for direct oiling.
I'm building the original 383 for my other car and I want to reduce the risk of failure.

I'll go see and report back...

Babe 8.jpg

Nope, no problem here. Seems fine.

Kern, I had a Engle grind cam made for my 500" stroker (.539 lift with 244 duration @ .050 110 LSA) in my Charger and they use the Johnson lifters. I have had no issues with mine in the first few thousand miles I have on the engine I built. They are a hydraulic flat tappet and all seems well here so far...I run Amsoil 10w40 which has the extra Zinc for the flat tappets in it already and all runs like a swiss watch.

:thumbsup:

Oh and who is that babe you posted?!?!? WOW!

Auto Transport Service
Back