• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awkward occurance

Aarons Air

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Today i was standing in the grocery check out line, with a bascart. There was a woman in front of me, she was next to be checked out, and an elderly man being checked out. The elderly man was having difficulty, which was holding up the line. A cashier noticed and directed me to move to another register, which she was opening. I moved, and unloaded my groceries onto the conveyer belt. My groceries and i are now in front of the cashier, and my cart is next to me, for the bag boy to load. The 1st cashier calls out & says, have you started ringing him out yet ? My cashier answers, no. The first cashier directs the woman, previously in front of me to go to my line. The woman walked over, and pulled my cart out of the aisle, so she could stand in front of the cashier, to pay. Meanwhile, i'm forced to back up, with a line behind me, for social distancing, while the woman checks out, over top of my food. After she leaves, the bag boy moved my same cart back into place. I can understand the woman being rang out first. As she had been next in line. Though with covid considerations, i dont think this was conducted properly. I'm also left wondering if race had influence on the cashiers directives, as the woman was black, and everyone else was white.

i dont think this was conducted properly.
No disrespect to the cashiers in grocery stores but they can't be expected to make correct decisions all the time. I've waited silently in frustration when I was next in line and the same happened...new line opened up and the person behind me was waved over. But on the other hand I've been waved over to a new line when not being next in line. I once blew a gasket at worker for skipping me in line and she replied to me..."what do you expect from me, I get paid minimum wage".
No racist intent. Just poor execution and work ethics.

I would have let it go as another unimportant minor inconvenience that happens in life.

So here I am standing 2nd in line waiting in the self checkout corral that hold 8 registers at Home Depot, and there's about 5 people behind me. THIS WAS BEFORE COVID, BTW!
So at about the same time, 3 registers open up and I proceed to mine and ring myself up. I go to pay cash and the register won't accept it. When I questioned as to why, I was told that this register is plastic only, NO CASH! With no sign saying so I start to raise a stink as to why the register isn't labeled for that, and what kind of business is being run here, and who's going to ring me up because I'm not going to the back of the line?? Crickets! The gal says to another clerk if she could help ring me up on register #4.
The clerk took my cart and I walk out of the corral and over to lane 4 which happens to have a big gate blocking the aisle so I can't proceed to the register. I stand there for like a minute wondering WTF, where's this clerk to ring me up? So I walk through the corral to the exit side of #4, and here she is helping ring up the person that was 4th behind me in self check, WTF? I confront her about it when she should be helping me, she says that this person asked her for help so I'm helping her. And I say loudly, Yeah, after you were asked by your associate to help me first, and this person was 4th behind me. When your done you can put this crap back from where I got it, I pushed the cart into her so that I could exit the building as the cart was in the way of the exit!
So much for Customer Service!

I have a tough time keeping quite at times but I've learned it just isn't worth it, people just don't care and getting worked up won't change it. I'm the guy that when the next line opens I hold my place allowing those who were in front of me to have first dibs, never fails the sorry MF behind me doesn't hesitate! I despise most of society, probably why I mostly hibernate out on my 11 acres of sanity.

I would have walked out and left everything on the conveyor.

bingo1.gif

Without taking this to the political forum, If you mean by "racist" the distinct possibility the woman of color having a stroke over you, a white guy being "privileged" ahead of her? Would that probably scare any clerk who needed her job? In todays society...I'm sure it crosses peoples minds.

I have heard that some black parents tell their children to never accept help from white people.
Yeah, they'll take the Gubmint money....Made up entirely from American taxpayers, MOSTLY white.
In 2002, I helped a guy push his stalled car out of traffic. I then gave him a ride home afterwards. 5-6 mile trip that was not far out of my way. The guy barely spoke a word and did NOT even thank me when he got out of the truck. He was a young guy in his 20s. Black.

Hell - there's rude or ignorant (or combination) of folks every where ya go. On occasion at the Mac's drive thru with two lanes I've been ahead only to have another person in the other lane pull up to order and the attendant takes them first, and I've also been taken first when another was in line longer. Some old ugly bitch got pissed when this happened to her and starts honking her horn right in my ear as I'm pulling thru. I gave her dual middle fingers shrugging my shoulders...like WDF am I supposed to do about it! Same **** at 4-way stops and people with no fuse for patience. They'll go totally ape-**** in seconds! Now with all da ******* roundy bouts almost comical. I see some speeding up as they enter to have that chance to scoot ahead or end up slamming on their brakes. I call round-a-bouts slingshots. Sometimes I'd like to have some old beater with a push bar on it and just plow thru and keep going. lol

I would have walked out and left everything on the conveyor.

Cock hammer, pull trigger, shoot yourself in the foot.

The "elderly" woman was next in line, in front of you, the second clerk should have motioned for her to come to the newly opened register.

Cock hammer, pull trigger, shoot yourself in the foot.

The "elderly" woman was next in line, in front of you, the second clerk should have motioned for her to come to the newly opened register.
That's not MY problem, that's the cashier's problem. If that happened to me, just as I said, I would leave everything on the conveyor and walk out. There are plenty of other stores for me to shop at, I don't need to be treated like a 2nd class person because the cashier is an idiot. The woman should have told the cashier to finish with the man she was attending to and checked out after him. I refuse to be "punished" for another's stupidity. Plenty of other establishments would appreciate my money.

Great philosophy, now you get to waste another hour pushing your cart through a different store and waiting in line again there. But you showed 'em. :jackoff:

Another reason to use Amazon Prime:lol:

To clear the roundabout, get in the inside lane and just keep going around until the roundabout is clear, then take your exit. Usually by the 2nd lap, sometimes the 3rd!
Hell - there's rude or ignorant (or combination) of folks every where ya go. On occasion at the Mac's drive thru with two lanes I've been ahead only to have another person in the other lane pull up to order and the attendant takes them first, and I've also been taken first when another was in line longer. Some old ugly bitch got pissed when this happened to her and starts honking her horn right in my ear as I'm pulling thru. I gave her dual middle fingers shrugging my shoulders...like WDF am I supposed to do about it! Same **** at 4-way stops and people with no fuse for patience. They'll go totally ape-**** in seconds! Now with all da ******* roundy bouts almost comical. I see some speeding up as they enter to have that chance to scoot ahead or end up slamming on their brakes. I call round-a-bouts slingshots. Sometimes I'd like to have some old beater with a push bar on it and just plow thru and keep going. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back