• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to the 50's in MN

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
I am going to visit a customer and it just so happens there is this little car event going on. Any of you guys going? As the name implies, I'm sure I won't find any Road Runners there but still should be an interesting event. Also my first trip to MN. I hear it snows in MN. I will most likely be at the event Fri afternoon and Sat. If any of you folks who I have been communicating with for all this time are near by it would be interesting to meet you as I don't get out that way very often. Send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Heard it's kick *** never been. Yea it snows in MN! I transfered with job in '84. Went to Embarrass MN with a buddy to see his folks. It was Aug on our way home from Sturgis bike week. Got there Sat afternoon woke up Sun to a heavy frost...they said lol. I said its snow and as soon as it melts Im gone. WTF in Aug? Lol

Holy crap, in Aug?? I'm beginning to think everyone lives in igloos there. I joke with my customer about that and she gets a laugh out of it.

Never been to Back to the 50's, always thought should go but never seems to work out.
It is huge that's for sure. Show is on the state fairgrounds, its a nice place to visit. Going to the Car Craft Summer Nationals in July at the same place, that's more my style.
Yes it does snow here, this year winter would go away. We had 12" of snow in the middle of May, crazy. Now its been colder and wetter than than normal.
I live 100 miles south of the Twin Cities, if your down along the MN/IA boarder stop by for a beer!

Reed

This year the show has 11,000+ cars registered. Nothing newer than 1964. It is a street rod event. Lots of venders, lots of fair ground food and LOTS of people. The weather, if it doesn't rain will be t-shirt but anything can happen as this is a miserable spring here in the Mn. It is a truly over whelming event. I would say 10% of the cars are really quality rides, but most are drivers, you know 350/350 glass bodied 32-34 street rods. If you have never been it is well worth the 15 bucks or so to get in. Parking is a pain, so get there early (like before 8 am.) Enjoy!!

I attend every year, wouldn't miss it! It really is a site to see, and you can't possibly see all the cars in three days. Lots of vendors, good things to eat, and awesome people watching! LOL!

My customer is in Blaine and I'll be staying in Ham Lake. The main guy is an old car nut himself and already has my ticket ready and the plan of action. Funny, but I've been hearing about the strange weather over there from who I call my MN girl friend (the main gal over there). Another place I expect to be in is Coon Rapids. No idea off the top of my head how far any of those places are from IA but if they are in my travels I'll send you a PM. Appreciate the invite!

My customer is in Blaine and I'll be staying in Ham Lake. The main guy is an old car nut himself and already has my ticket ready and the plan of action. Funny, but I've been hearing about the strange weather over there from who I call my MN girl friend (the main gal over there). Another place I expect to be in is Coon Rapids. No idea off the top of my head how far any of those places are from IA but if they are in my travels I'll send you a PM. Appreciate the invite!

Ham Lake is 150 miles north of me, I'll catch ya next trip!
Have fun on your stay in Minnesota, you might like it so much you'll want to move here. (until winter)

This show is something to see for sure,another cruise in on Every fri nite in North St Paul,they get maybe 1000 cars or better,music venders!really cool event to check out!

Have fun up there Meeps! I have been to MN and it is pretty with all the lakes. Can get cold for sure. My old thermodynamics professor from college said she lived there and to keep warm while walking she would put her back against buildings and walk sideways. She claimed it was slightly warmer due to laminar vs turbulent wind flow along the surface. Haha sounds like a nerd joke to me but may be some truth to it. Have fun and for once take some photos for us!

Have fun Meeps, take lots of photos/car ****... I use to go to Brainerd Minn. for NHRA races in Aug. I think it was, 1997 was the last time, fun as hell & great extremely friendly out going people, great food, very cool rides & lakes up there everywhere, never can remember names of them thou, not sure if where your going, is anywhere near that or not... Don't really know much else about Minn., but Brainerd's about dead middle thou off HWY 210 I think...

Meep reporting live from Ham (mmmmmmmm, ham) Lake MN! So far I went up and down HWY 65 I think (I'm not driving so not paying that much attention) and had a good time driving through some small towns. One guy I know has 80 acres with a pond and a river through it! The place is just gorgeous! I found myself on a hay wagon helping out and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes!! Tomorrow is a work day then off to the show.

I'm from minnesota and I'm going. It should be a blast! The weather looks likes its going to hold up pretty nicely. I have a cabin in brainerd and go to the BIR all the time. Its a great place. You missedout on mopars in the park, the biggest all mopar car show and swap meet in the midwest. Great times! Anyways ill probably see you there!

I found myself on a hay wagon helping out and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes!!

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you the mosquitos are BRUTAL this year. I think they are pissed off because they are getting a slow start.
They got you helping bale hay? Hope a city slicker like yourself brought long pants and gloves! ha ha ha

ooooooh ya, dem mos-quitoes are a kiiler up dere doncha kno guy!!

You've seen Fargo toooo many times. We don't all sound like that.

You've seen Fargo toooo many times. We don't all sound like that.

LOL tell ya the truth, ive never seen Fargo, but i go up to Ash Trail (boundary waters) every year for fishin' and you're right not all Minnesotans sound like that, a helluva lot of em do!!! dere guy...

Certain parts of the state I would agree with you. Down here in the southern part we're normal. ha ha ha

I was in St. Louis a bunch of years ago. We were sitting in a bar and the bartender asked if we were from Canada because we had a "Canadian accent". Don't think I sound like Bob or Doug Mckinze.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a couple rigs that were heading up to the show stop at the body shop I work at this morning. One needed some repairs, made it a whole 30 miles. We did the small wiring fix and sent them on the way. Hope the weather stays dry.

Take off, ya hoser!! lol

bob n doug.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back