• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been away for ages..Have a dumb question

Richie

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi everybody..:)

I've been away for a long long time. Back about five years ago I just about bought a 68 Coronet 500. Something came up though and I had to say goodbye to the Coronet. I'm really an A-Body Dart Duster Demon man but I tell you when their stance is set up right those 68-69 Coronets make my blood rush though my veins ten times the normal speed if you get me LOL Example below I like the 69 hood. How are they as a general car as far as handling goes? My Dart is great.

wmplayer%202015-06-08%2005-34-49-02_zpsjslxjtwt.png

Porsche? Lotus? Peasant cars. Coronet handles like its on rails.

Seriously, they handle about the same as an a body, just take up a bit more real estate.

Well that sounds great. I'm sure if I find another and I have the cash I'll get one.

image.jpg Agreed on the stance. A friend has a 68 Barracuda ragtop that can be pushed into a curve faster than the Coronet. It is modified, and some may be perceived. I always think we are going to die on an on ramp with him driving the A Body but it has not happened yet. That said, the Coronet weighed at 4050 in vegas with me in it and beer in the trunk. I go just under 200. When I put the wide tires on the back and the extra leaf, i was concerned about handling being compromised to get the hotrod look and stance.

Did not happen. With the Bilsteins, Connectors, Firm Feel etc it feels as stable at triple digits as id does as 70. Confidence builder. I don't push as hard in curves as he does, but the Coronet gives good advance warning and tracks great for my needs. The dimensions and ride are just right for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back