• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been paying attention to the stock market again.....

On a related note, someone set up ETF funds that bet against market pundit's Jim Cramer and Cathy Woods stock picks. I haven't checked to see how they are doing.
You can bet against Jim Cramer with a new ETF from the fund that shorts Cathie Wood
At the end of the day, if you picked stocks or predicted future stock performance by having a chimp throw darts at a dartboard and then buying the stocks that the dart hit, you'd probably do better than most experts long term performance!

I'm going to check that out.
As I've said before every single stock that I've bought or followed that was a cramer pick has gone down.

I'm going to check that out.
As I've said before every single stock that I've bought or followed that was a cramer pick has gone down.
But like anything ....he says it loud enough with enough conviction. People will believe

Stock Market Analysis: Eclipse Glasses - SELL SELL SELL

Apr 8, 2024

Article Image

I personally like safe investments versus risky investments even though that they may not pay as much. This morning, Submit and I went to our Credit union to withdraw our (just matured) CD deposit funds, take out the interest it earned as spending money, and redeposit the full principal in another bank that had a better rate. When I told the office lady what we were doing, she said to hold on for a while and that she would check with her boss(es) to see if they could offer us a better rate than their advertised rates. The same office lady saw us take out another sizable CD amount a month ago and this one is even larger. Well, I got a call this afternoon and they are going to give us a rate of 5.25% for a term of 15 months. The amount we are rolling over will generate enough interest to make it worth our while to keep it there. That works for us & we're going back down there tomorrow morning to make it happen.

It's funny, I feel like I'm living an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies where Mr. Drysdale will do anything to keep the Clampett's money in his bank.

I personally like safe investments versus risky investments even though that they may not pay as much. This morning, Submit and I went to our Credit union to withdraw our (just matured) CD deposit funds, take out the interest it earned as spending money, and redeposit the full principal in another bank that had a better rate. When I told the office lady what we were doing, she said to hold on for a while and that she would check with her boss(es) to see if they could offer us a better rate than their advertised rates. The same office lady saw us take out another sizable CD amount a month ago and this one is even larger. Well, I got a call this afternoon and they are going to give us a rate of 5.25% for a term of 15 months. The amount we are rolling over will generate enough interest to make it worth our while to keep it there. That works for us & we're going back down there tomorrow morning to make it happen.

It's funny, I feel like I'm living an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies where Mr. Drysdale will do anything to keep the Clampett's money in his bank.

I've done stuff like that too......many years ago I had a sizable chunk in the bank and wanted to take out a signature loan against it. Think it was 20% of the total and they said no. It wasn't in a CD though. Told them I would just withdraw it then and they gave me 20% of what I had in there. Said nope, you don't understand....I said I would just withdraw it....ALL of it and go somewhere else. That's when they started crab walking and well, too late.

When I started it was in book form.....now there's the internet lol. There's plenty to read, that's for sure!
I’ve read till I can’t see straight but for some reason it’s not clicking. So I’ve dabbled blindly, some good n some bad. I think it’s the lingo is just like Spanish to me so that throws me off when I’m talkn to someone who’s into it big time and I just give up. My dads buddy does it every day and makes bank which is what got me interested in it. I just can’t seem to grasp the concept and I don’t know what’s hot n what’s not so I end up screwed sometimes unless I get lucky. I know there’s a formula but I don’t know where to turn

When I started it was in book form.....now there's the internet lol. There's plenty to read, that's for sure!
Nobody "reads" anymore, they "surf", and this the big often overlooked big wave, the 98%'s main purpose unknowingly is to be financial cannon fodder for the top 2% who own 43% of everything.

Nobody "reads" anymore, they "surf", and this the big often overlooked big wave, the 98%'s main purpose unknowingly is to be financial cannon fodder for the top 2% who own 43% of everything.
The company that I worked for starting in 1980 later restricted our trading of company stock (we used to could do a trade one time every day then they went to one 'round trip' per month) for our 'protection'. The first year I traded I doubled my money......

I wish I knew more about this subject

"Motley Fool" is a generally good place to start.

I've seen quite a few youtube vids recently with people paraphrasing Warren Buffet (and his recently deceased partner, Charlie Munger).
All that I watched had good, general advice.

One thing that stood out to me on three of the vids was-

80% of your "first million" is savings.

If you're not at least somewhat frugally mined, you need to train yourself to be so.

I saw posted here on FBBO recently "...the difference between wealth and income..." It is important to understand that.
Almost everyone I know doesn't. They spend their money as fast as they earn it (or faster) and never actually accumulate any wealth despite buying new cars and going on lavish vacations.

Something else very important- pay off all your debt excepting your house as fast as you can within reason.

and- establish a savings account with "rainy day money" (which is basically a form of "self insurance") and teach yourself to not use it for anything other than real "rainy days".

Also- start today. It's never "too late" but sooner is always better that later.
I started with $25 a month.

I've seen quite a few youtube vids recently with people paraphrasing Warren Buffet (and his recently deceased partner, Charlie Munger).

If you're not at least somewhat frugally mined, you need to train yourself to be so.

I saw posted here on FBBO recently "...the difference between wealth and income..." It is important to understand that.
Almost everyone I know doesn't. They spend their money as fast as they earn it (or faster) and never actually accumulate any wealth despite buying new cars and going on lavish vacations.

Something else very important- pay off all your debt excepting your house as fast as you can within reason.

and- establish a savings account with "rainy day money" (which is basically a form of "self insurance") and teach yourself to not use it for anything other than real "rainy days".

Also- start today. It's never "too late" but sooner is always better that later.
Double Y, that IS Great Advice. When you live your life like that, the habits developed Last a Lifetime. As you near the later years, those guidelines tend to stay with you, and Keep your feet Firmly planted, and in a Peaceful State, foregoing a "Needful", or "Deserving" Attitude. The Real Gratefulness, should go to God, Our Creator...

Research the basic terms and what makes for a potentially good stock. Start reading the free financials like Yahoo "Financial" tab every day for 10-15 minutes. Ignore any advice to buy something and do not follow advice linked to any of the "celebrity investors". It's mostly biased and designed to sell you something. Yes, use all info to get ideas, but you need to do your own research and make your own decisions.

When you are up on terms, start a trading account with whatever you can spare. It's easier than you imagine - you can get started with just a few hundred bucks. Try it out and see if it is for you. Buy companies that are well-established, well run, and with a trend of increasing revenue ..... and for me... preferably with dividend payments. Avoid any paths of getting rich quick - you want to be in it for the long haul... which also is the best tax strategy (long-term capital gains). When you get comfortable with it, then you can start buying and selling some shorter term stuff to take advantage of current market trends that are more trader-driven rather than data driven.

You need to have the type of personality that can brush off the down days of the market. There are good days and bad days, and the bad days can be a little shocking unless you can keep the long game in mind. The main thing to remember is that the market has a long history of an average of 10% gain per year. It's hard to beat that with anything but real estate.

One Important factor, to remember, is 90+% of the Market Listings are Owned/Controlled by Three Mega-Corps:
Blackrock
Vanguard
Stateside
Just remember, the amount of Control, and Manipulation, is What Drives the Numbers, for Their Good, NOT Yours...

I did that was always was frugal and still am.....the difference is my two marriages wasn't like thinking. If you do not marry someone that is equally linked to you, you will never do all that well!! IMO. It's just a shame that some of us never see it that way until we are 'over the hill....' If you marry unlike thinkers to you, well....good luck because imo, you'll need it.

I did that was always was frugal and still am.....the difference is my two marriages wasn't like thinking. If you do not marry someone that is equally linked to you, you will never do all that well!! IMO. It's just a shame that some of us never see it that way until we are 'over the hill....' If you marry unlike thinkers to you, well....good luck because imo, you'll need it.

That was actually another thing in one or two of those vids I watched recently-

"Marry well", and that doesn't mean marry "into money", it means marry someone who shares your saving/spending/value habits.

My wife and I are very close. However, we have her money, my money and our money.
Our money pays all the bills and gives us a little extra.
It's the money from the rentals and my shop. We used to both contribute, but as we did better, we each contributed less and less.
Before we refinanced, I was kicking in $100 a month. Now I don't have to do that, and we are letting it ride to see what we can each draw at the end of the year.
Hers/mine is what we make at our day jobs.
We each manage that as we see fit.
If I can afford car parts or a project car- I buy it. She says nothing.
If she can afford a new car, she buys it, and I say nothing. (except- "make sure you buy one I fit in")
We NEVER argue about money.
OK, sometimes we quibble over who gets to pay for dinner or groceries, and the one who doesn't pay sometimes gets a little miffed.
I mean you paid last time...it's my turn to pay...

The only time that was different is when she only made 1/3 what I did and her (our) boy was still living with us, and were not making very much with the first rental.
Then I tried to make sure I paid for at least 2/3 of everything. She fought me on that sometimes, too.

We frequently shove/hide money in each others wallet/purse.
That's kinda fun to see how long it takes for the other to notice.

That was actually another thing in one or two of those vids I watched recently-

"Marry well", and that doesn't mean marry "into money", it means marry someone who shares your saving/spending/value habits.

My wife and I are very close. However, we have her money, my money and our money.
Our money pays all the bills and gives us a little extra.
It's the money from the rentals and my shop. We used to both contribute, but as we did better, we each contributed less and less.
Before we refinanced, I was kicking in $100 a month. Now I don't have to do that, and we are letting it ride to see what we can each draw at the end of the year.
Hers/mine is what we make at our day jobs.
We each manage that as we see fit.
If I can afford car parts or a project car- I buy it. She says nothing.
If she can afford a new car, she buys it, and I say nothing. (except- "make sure you buy one I fit in")
We NEVER argue about money.
OK, sometimes we quibble over who gets to pay for dinner or groceries, and the one who doesn't pay sometimes gets a little miffed.
I mean you paid last time...it's my turn to pay...

The only time that was different is when she only made 1/3 what I did and her (our) boy was still living with us, and were not making very much with the first rental.
Then I tried to make sure I paid for at least 2/3 of everything. She fought me on that sometimes, too.

We frequently shove/hide money in each others wallet/purse.
That's kinda fun to see how long it takes for the other to notice.
Wish I had the experience of someone shoving money into my wallet LOL. My GF said something to me when we first started dating.....after the 3rd or 4th time out to eat we went to a cafeteria and she was ahead of me and she paid before I could and then said 'a gentlemen would have paid'. My reply was 'I did the first few times but you beat me to the punch this time so shut up and deal with it and next time let me walk the line first' lol. She laughed as hard as I did and it was then that I knew we had something going.

Auto Transport Service
Back