• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a unicorn today

Tex013

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Well like a couple of you fellow racers i had engine issues mid year with my 505 big motor . Split the webbing at #4 up into water jacket .
Well this last 2 weeks i got lucky .
And today i bought a brand new in box World mopar iron block . 4.310 bore .
This means i can reuse all my rotating assembly from the old block .
At least with 1 of these i shouldnt have to worry too much when it spins up towards 7000 .
A few more pounds who cares . It will run 10.30s no worries , the old 1 did shifting @6000 on 30" radials
As an aside re "the block" . Chicago Connection arent sure when , Muscle Motors today said 8-12 weeks special order @ US$5000 finish machined for assembly .
Better the bird in hand than a hand full of smoke .

Tex

Not specific to Chicago Connection
I've always had good luck with them,
haven't dealt with them for a while now too
haven't dealt with Muscle Motors ever

Are you getting it from Muscle Motors (doing your machine work?)
or getting it from Chicago Connection ? sending it to Muscle Motors ?
or is Chicago Connection a wholesaler middle man
for Muscle Motors 'just farming it out' ?

I hope you actually get a block

I hope it all works out for ya' too

I've heard many a horror story about wait times
& promises from suppliers & machinists lately

even after substantial deposits funds applied

Sorry I'm not trying to scare you, or be a Negative Nancy
just be cautious
your on the other side of the earth, after all
Good luck & Happy Moparing

Last edited:
Budnicks ,
I bought a new World block here in Aus . Lucky !
I too am/was leery of putting down money on the off chance of getting a block . Especially being on other side of the world .
The info re The Block is just a heads up of what i have been told by both Muscle Motors and Chicago Connection for fellow racers .

Tex

Budnicks ,
I bought a new World block here in Aus . Lucky !
I too am/was leery of putting down money on the off chance of getting a block . Especially being on other side of the world .
The info re The Block is just a heads up of what i have been told by both Muscle Motors and Chicago Connection for fellow racers .

Tex

A lot of people say yes .
I was not convinced for myself plus the additional care required for total warm up before getting on it .
Cost factor too . A Indy block i am told will need machine work to be ready . After buying at $5500 there abouts plus $5'-750 in further work . Then convert to Aussie pesos and shipping plus 10% tax
Woah
These are my opinions only . I am unsure of lead time from order to supply
Tex

Tex

Resized_20180904_095818_2588.jpeg Resized_20180904_095853_9438.jpeg Resized_Screenshot_20180904-095200_Gallery_6667.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back