• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brought out the Charger for wash and wax today

hashmaker

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
It makes me wish I was 40 years younger... stepping on the clutch, the sound of the exhaust, the solid lifter sound. Reminds me of my first Hemi car ride. It was a class mates 68 Road Runner. I was sure it lifted the wheels off the ground
20230701_193955.jpg
20230701_193923.jpg

Nice looking Charger. Now go out and get some rubber on the quarter panels. :)

It makes me wish I was 40 years younger... stepping on the clutch, the sound of the exhaust, the solid lifter sound. Reminds me of my first Hemi car ride. It was a class mates 68 Road Runner. I was sure it lifted the wheels off the groundView attachment 1488103View attachment 1488104
These are the closest thing you'll get to a time machine. When I restored my current RR, I added all the "accessories" to the car that we did from back in the day. When I drive it, I feel like a teenager again.

thank you for the nice comments. I get a kick out of driving it and love that 5 speed OD trans.

Very nice Charger, congratulations! I have a '69, bought new with the F70-14 redline tires. What are those tires on your car, and where did you get them? When mine finishes restoration, it will need a new set of tires, and I would like them to look like yours.
Thanks!

The front tires are Coker redlines, 215 70 15. The rear are 255 60 15 which you can't out right buy. I found a place in So. Carolina that will make 60 series tires out of a BF Goodrich T/A. They sell you the tire, cut into the side wall, remove the white lettering and put in a red line. It is not cheap but the only way to get 60 series tires in Red line. I think I fond them on ebay of all places. The have held together just fine, you can't tell that the work was done. I would do it again.

These are the closest thing you'll get to a time machine. When I drive it, I feel like a teenager again.
I grew up and started driving with these cars being 14 years old or more. I wanted a 69 Charger for my first but none were available near me.
Driving this:

8100 H.jpg

....I don't necessarily feel young again, just more alive and connected.
Old cars with the engine sounds, manual transmissions and road noise are just so much different than a smooth and quiet late model car.

Very nice Charger, congratulations! I have a '69, bought new with the F70-14 redline tires. What are those tires on your car, and where did you get them? When mine finishes restoration, it will need a new set of tires, and I would like them to look like yours.
Thanks!
If you want redline tires, you go to Diamondback. Nowhere else.

Auto Transport Service
Back