• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building my final Mopar unless.....

72 plymouth

Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I've enjoyed all these great years of building Mopars and a few others down the Line! This
72 RR has been alot of fun! Its a eye catcher for sure...... got it at a great price since the guy didn't have a clue on what he had! $3000 bought it out of a old barn in a old car lot. Needed a motor but it was intact! Got 10k in it thus far! Interior is next that alittle motor powered up dates. Keep those wheels turning!

IMG_0434.jpg IMG_1749.jpg IMG_5149.jpg IMG_2474.jpg IMG_6854.jpg IMG_7867.jpg IMG_4424.jpg IMG_7180.jpeg IMG_1391.jpeg

Bitchin! Outstanding choice for the last build. Mopar Brute in my favorite color.
Designer: John Herlitz.

Meaning on my last build for this car! I'm 57 and hurt alot from doing lite body and paint for 25yrs. I've done over 3000 plus cars and 10 restorations and the body hurts alot. I did find a Dodge coronet 500 that I wanted but don't have the funds..... so after 7 builds I'm tired! Last thing I will do is a repaint on the RR!

IMG_2532.jpg IMG_7180.jpeg Rear RR.jpg RR 72 plymouth Roadrunner.jpg

I think some folks don't understand full car restoration......! If I told them I had 12 complete hrs. in my GTX hood they say your kidding me! When I do restoration its done right! Exsample this GTX hood cost $2,700 but I got a deal for it $400 bucks! First thing I do is strip the hood down to bare metal then flip it over and sand blast the other side....... then flip it back over ( Ooops gotta remove the bezels and running lites ) now I'm checking the top side for imperfections.... front of the hood needs dolly & Hammer .... now grinding with 40 grit...... ok ready to put some lite ultra fill on the bad spots! Now time to board file the body work.... ok it looks good! Now time to apply 4 heavy coats of urethane primer to whole top side of the hood! Put in the booth and bake for 45 min. at 180 degree's.... ok its ready to block sand... this took 4hrs...... now repriming 4 more wet coats let air dry this time over nite....... final sand ( wet sanding ) with 400 Grit. Hood looks like glass! flip over to sand and scotch bright the underside........ putting it in the booth to jam out the color ( (Sub Lime Green ) 45 min. to bake for 45 min. next day we flip it over to final sand for paint..... looks great time to paint!!!! 4 coats of urethane and time to bake for 45 min. at 180 degree's... hood looks sweet!!!! Oooops not done yet....! getting ready to wet sand whole hood with 2000 grit..... 1hr. prep and now ready to buff........ cutting lite compound.... looks good and now time to polish it with 3m glazing stuff. wash off and then wax! Painting the bezels black...... semi gloss! Oooops one more thing putting on the bezels and adding Motor decals 440... mission completed! (12 hrs. ) WHen I first got the car the paint didn't look that great! So I spent 6 hrs. wet sanding with 2000 grit then buffed the whole car taking another 6hrs. to complete! it was time to add wax..... the good stuff! 10 coats on the whole car!! dang thing is slick as polished glass! try putting a car cover on by yourself!!!

Last edited:
Nice ride, nice detailed work too...

Auto Transport Service
Back