• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't choose what color to paint my Bee

I'd pick your favorite from the original color offerings.

I would just pick 2 of the three colors and flip a coin. You'll know which one you prefer before the coin lands. Then do it again to decide between the winner and the 3rd choice. Once again, you'll know what you want before it lands.

I like the original color of your car but, Those cars look awesome in black! Most cars look awesome in black! lol

Vitiman C or Hemi Orange, or blk & orange combo,
if you "actually want my opinion" are great colors
triple Black or I really like the Turquoise that is really nice too
My 68 RR is LL1 OE {Surf Turquoise Metallic Polly}
& it will be LL1 when it's finally done too, with black accents & hood...
But not because it's what someone wants/says,
but because, I really actually like that color...

It's not the same as all the others you see, usually...

I really like allot of the greens from Mopar's in those years too,
most my cars have been either silvers, yellows or greens mostly...LOL

But IMO painting it the OE color will help if your worried about resale,
if not just paint it the color you want it
Most purists hate when cars are painted non-OE colors, you hear it all the time
& that seemingly drives the prices down...

my $0.02 cents

The Color is strictly up to you. Correct color only comes into play when you decide to sell. As far as the 12k for paint, I'll tell you that the prep and blocking takes time and labor.Polyester primer for blocking, $110.00. 2k primer, $175.00. Sealer, $180.00. sandpaper, $200.00. Basecoat, $300.00. Quality clearcoat, $500.00. Wetsand, $50.00, plus labor. Buff, $40.00, plus labor.You get the picture. Oh yeah, Don't give your car to anyone unless everything is in writing!!! No acceptions. If they don't want to agree to this, you don't want them working on your car. And don't forgetthat the car needs to be done by the date stipulated in the "Contract". Labor is not cheap! Someone needs to pay the guy that's making your car "Straight". Good luck!

I like the turquoise posted above by Sonny. Don't see that often - and you see orange and purple all the time. My car was originally a maroon - when I just finished getting it painted I went for a Black Garnett Pearl - it's a Lexus color. I had it in my mind for years. I decided to go with something different. Had the car 44 years so this time I went unoriginal to please myself and no one else. If it devalues the car a bit because I didn't go stock color so be it. Do what YOU want.

Update; Thanks eveybody for there opinions & ideas, Haven't been on in awhile very busy with work and getting the Bee ready to go in the body shop and getting engine to builder and other parts to powder coater. Took the 68 Bee in one month ago today and still have not picked a color yet ? deadline is fast approaching to pick a color. As soon as I can find time i'm gonna sit and spend time on this great forum, Thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back