• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car show

snakeyes

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
went to a car show yesterday paid my admission started walking around to look at the cars ,found groups of people standing in front of the displays couldn't see the cars very or take a photo of them to place on our site most where bullshitting and drinking beer asked if they could move so I might see the display, got the that look ,told them I paid to see the cars not them or there *** ,ended up leaving a guy at the door asked me if I voted for my car of choice I told him I couldn't see the Fn cars and asked for my money back got and left .Like Rodney said no Respect.

I don't go to car shows anymore where I have to pay to get in just to see the cars. I also won't pay a fee to show my car at a show where spectators have to pay admission. I don't mind paying a reasonable fee ($20 or so)to show my car at a local club show, especially since most of the clubs are supporting local charities. I haven't been to a Goodguys show in years because of the reasons Snakeyes said, among others. I'd rather see actual street cars than museum pieces anyway.

I haven't been to a car show in years now,
been to a couple local coffee & cars type deals,
that's more my style...
I see most my car shows on here,
from FBBO members posting photos now...LOL
I use to go to all the big shows here in Calif.,
it's changed a ton over the years now, kind of too cliquey now,
for my taste, some great cars still !!
But the people are different, if that makes any sense...

went to a car show yesterday paid my admission started walking around to look at the cars ,found groups of people standing in front of the displays couldn't see the cars very or take a photo of them to place on our site most where bullshitting and drinking beer asked if they could move so I might see the display, got the that look ,told them I paid to see the cars not them or there *** ,ended up leaving a guy at the door asked me if I voted for my car of choice I told him I couldn't see the Fn cars and asked for my money back got and left .Like Rodney said no Respect.

I go to a lot of shows here and in Daytona area of Florida.
The thing I hate is am like a odd ball driving a Mopar. People don't seem to like Mopars. Maybe I should of redone a pinto, lol.

I've went to a fair amount in the last few years but find a lot more enjoyment just driving it. This year I'll only hit my favorites, one of the first will be in your neck of the woods Snakeyes....... Summits show at the Norwalk strip.

In this area, most car shows are put on by car clubs who raise proceeds for charity. However, the yearly local show is put on by an individual who pockets all the money . He takes 1/2 of the 50-50 drawing...very few trophys. Free show, but charges $20 per car to enter the show..I don't appreciate that kind of show. Is that a common way to do a show or am I wrong?.......................MO

I used to take my car to shows for educational purposes. i.e., to educate people you can have a nice old car without breaking the bank, and I will have out there again once it's ready. I don't mind paying a $20 or so fee as I get that much fun out of it. What I don't do is waste effort trying to win trophies as most shows are sponsored by clubs and their members always vote for one another, so it's a waste of time.

The most fun for me is driving the car. I will drive to a show, park with the spectators and look at the cars.
Then its back on the road for miles of smiles.

Wow Snakeyes...

As Rodney would have said: "This is a tough crowd".....
To me, they all sound kind of "stuck-up"
Chalk that up to "lesson learned"

snowing, raining, cold, and nothing to do that day thought I`d go and see some cars yup that was a waist of time lesson learned ,stay home and make snow angels with my grand daughter was better idea

We have a Saturday morning "Cars and Coffee" close to my house so I like to attend. It's a good break from work and a chance to drive my car. What I don't like is those who touch or don't respect. I get somewhat aggressive when that happens. The big issue for me is finding time to do it.

I guess what aggrevates me is the people who like to pick out the little chips and lack of cleaniness, I just ask them "how many miles have you put on yours"? Seeing how I put thousands of miles on mine a year few ever come close at which point I just say "doesn't sound like much fun to me". I wash it but I'm not wasting my time fully detailing a car that's going to be hauling the kids to Soccer and Softball practices threw the week and going out for ice cream which is where the true fun is anyhow.

saw this and thought it was funny .

Don't forget all those "Wannabe's" and the "Have-nots" that cruise around tearing cars to pieces with their vast amounts of wisdom and experience.

Thanx for the nightmares Kiwi.

Auto Transport Service
Back