• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals 2024 Tent Activities

Alright folks - it is starting to get close to Carlisle time!

I received my parking pass for my 70 Road Runner today. Usually, at Carlisle I have too much to do so I can't show it, but one of my buddies will be driving it to Carlisle and showing it for me. Anyway, I received a map with it as well.

I scanned and edited the map to show where the FBBO tent is located. Please see attached picture below. The red box surrounds the indication for the tent; FBBO is tent "N". Look for the lightning bolt and circle in the middle of the picture and that is where the tent is located. This is a great location as it is centrally located for A, B, C, E bodies, etc.

Carlisle_Map_2024_Tent.jpg

Here is a closeup of the tent location:
1718304052979.png

Here are some rough details of the plans so far:
  • Friday, July 12: (All day) There will be a cooler with water and some soda available from late morning through the end of the day. Come get a free drink and some shade if you need it!
  • Friday, July 12: 12:30 PM. There will be a lunch gathering for those who want to stop for lunch at the tent. Water and soda will be available, and bring your own lunch and visit with some FxBO friends.
  • Saturday, July 13: Noon: The big luncheon starts at noon and goes until we get tired of eating and drinking, and/or the food and drinks run out! This is free of charge and is brought to you by the generosity of many members who contribute things for all of us. Come join the fun!
Also, if anyone has additional suggestions for use of the tent, please respond here or send me a PM. This is a resource available for all of us to use and enjoy. (Note that no cars are allowed to park near or in the tent, and we are not allowed to sell things at the tent either.)

Cool beans, looks like the same spot as last year.

Cranked up the smoker last week in preparation for Saturday too. :fool:

If anyone can bring a small canopy (like 8x8) we could use it over the grill. It's a bit toasty out there in the sun and with the tables I am bringing and what not, I don't have room in my trunk for one.

If anyone can bring a small canopy (like 8x8) we could use it over the grill. It's a bit toasty out there in the sun and with the tables I am bringing and what not, I don't have room in my trunk for one.
Pistol Pete: For the culinary extravaganza you put on, I'll be sure to bring a canopy!

THANK YOU for your continued extraordinary support! :thankyou: :drinks:

Thanks @HawkRod. I'm attending as a spectator/swap meet buyer. Looking foward to stopping by the tent and meeting some fellow FBBO members.

Looks like maybe one row back? I am looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. I'm arriving Wed, so I'll be out and about until I leave Sunday morning. Can't wait!

I pray all my fellow FBBO folk enjoy a safe and happy event. I think it's wonderful that you all (especially Hawk!)
go to such efforts to be such great hosts for members to come visit with - and yes, I'm a bit jealous.
One last Carlisle is a bucket list thing for Fred and I for sure - but we'll live vicariously through all the wonderful
stories and pics you all will no doubt be posting here.
Looking forward to seeing those! :thumbsup:

We going to do any give aways this year? If so I have a couple items to donate...

We going to do any give aways this year? If so I have a couple items to donate...
I would absolutely like to do the raffle again this year. Donations so far have been slow, but often they pick up towards the end.
Any items you have will be sincerely welcomed!

Folks: Just a quick note that the FxBO tent luncheon is shaping up to be awesome, with lots of good food and drink. While this is not a guarantee, likely possibilities are ribs, Italian meatballs, spiced apricot pork, white hots (hot dogs), garlic shrimp and probably some sort of chicken and maybe a pulled pork. Maybe chili too. And, best of all, it's all free as long as it lasts. This menu may change up some, so it is not cast in concrete, but hopefully this gives folks an idea of the spread they might expect! The good food is due to the generosity of a few members who are working hard to plan, buy, and make this for everyone. Please be sure to thank them at the luncheon for their efforts!

Speaking of contributors: There are a couple who have sent me a PM about contributing beer, water and/or soda. One of the issues we had last year was lack of coolers and ice. Please, if you are bringing drinks, please do your best to bring them cold, and ideally iced down in coolers. Thanks!

It's getting close and I'm getting excited - hope to see you all at Carlisle!

I just received my credentials in the mail! Now all I need to do is put on the fuel injection, swap the tires over to the steel wheels, oh and paint the wheels!, and shoot, yeah, get the top of the car painted, then fix the trans leak, I know there's more.......

I just received my credentials in the mail! Now all I need to do is put on the fuel injection, swap the tires over to the steel wheels, oh and paint the wheels!, and shoot, yeah, get the top of the car painted, then fix the trans leak, I know there's more.......
You got this!

Plus, works in progress are welcomed too!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back