• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbo

SoCal440GTX

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of Columbo lately, just to see the old cars. Saw an awesome Charger yesterday. It's hard to believe 99.9% of the cars I see in the show are probably gone.

Big Columbo fan here. Cool Challenger R/T in one episode. Enjoy the Los Angeles setting and even an episode on the Palm Springs Tram.

Or in the back lots of Hollywood studio lots. Then there's the beauties that FBBO members own.

Mannix is another good one, One episode showed a 69 charger 500 drive by. very neat!

hey don't forget the Brady bunch :lol: plenty of mopars in that show
or the streets of San Francisco

Don't forget the Beverly hillbillies Miss Jane always drove a mopar

ADAM-12 is a great car gazing show since so much of it happens out on the streets. One interesting car to watch for is a blue Maverick. I guess it was some set director's car because it shows up in a LOT of scenes.

I was watching Emergency a while back, one of the early episodes, and the squad passes a 69 Charger Daytona parked on the street. Too cool!

CHIPS! ....... there is an episode where they are all into drag racing, and the bad guys drive an SS/AMX........ lmao, he grenades the motor in this scene

Last edited:
In one of the Adam 12 episodes, Reed had an old '50s drag car. The episode focused on street racing. They had it at the drag strip and there were a lot of cool Mopars running. Wells (Gary Crosby) was driving a Camaro.
The '55 Chevy from Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffiti also appeared in the background of an Adam 12 episode. The bad guys had it in an alley for a getaway car. It was in it's Two Lane Blacktop trim - primer and that same hood scoop.

for those that though I was joking
upload_2017-6-22_14-6-37.jpeg
brady310b.3449.jpg

Brady-Bunch-1971-Plymouth-Barracuda-Convertible.jpg

BradyFury.jpg

Don't forget the Beverly hillbillies Miss Jane always drove a mopar
Yes, seems like she was always driving a Coronet convertible - at least one of them was red.

Auto Transport Service
Back