• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craig (mobileparts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Hempstead is in Nassau County on Long Island, New York.

Hey Men ,
If you go over to the C Bodies thread, you will see what happened, as my friend gave me his tablet yesterday, and I have thousands of phone calls and e mails to catch up on,
But since I am laid up in a hospital bed, 30 miles from home, I can't pull, pack, and ship orders right now....

I will take the time to let you all know what happened, and it is indeed despicable, and absolutely unimaginable --- and there is a chance I may never walk again....

These four cops, in a mistaken identity " wellness check " have taken away my ability to walk, maybe forever, and ruined the left side of my body from the bottom of my foot to the top of my shoulder......

Had to have back surgery and knee surgery --- and am working incredibly hard / rehabilitating my body to have the strength of a 23 year old all over again (and that might not be enough.....)

For all those who know me, and thankfully there are hundreds of you on this site who do, you know I have a Heart of Gold, treat you with the same respect and dignity, I do respectfully ask for your prayers and well wishes.....

I did nothing to deserve this --- my life is shut down right now (although the bills keep rolling in....)
I wouldn't wish this fate on anyone....
With God's help, maybe I can become 95 % ........

Yours, Craig.......

Get X'ed ----
You kind of know me ---- we have spoken --- we are both VIKINGS fans.... SKOL VIKINGS !!!!
Yours, Craig.......

Get X'ed ----
You kind of know me ---- we have spoken --- we are both VIKINGS fans.... SKOL VIKINGS !!!!
Yours, Craig.......
Yes Brother we are indeed. As I read a posting by someone the other day about your terrible situation it made me sick. I couldn't believe what I was reading. A"wellness check"?? You don't do what they did to you en route to making sure you're "Ok". Makes no sense at all. I'm with you in prayer brother and sick over the condition they put you in. I know you'll certainly financially burn them to the ground - but also know that $$ is no compensation should you not be able to walk again or whatever physical dysfunction you may end up with.

We are all with you brother and pray God restores your health to full operating condition. Then go buy a yacht courtesy of these thugs and hope they lose their pensions.

And oh YES SKOL VIKINGS!!! 5-1 but some tough games ahead of us.

God Bless and God Speed

Just now seeing this thread! Oh geez, that's nuts. Prayer goes out to you for healing.....

Just read this, holy cow!
Prayers are being sent your way, and indeed get well asap!
Car parts are car parts, but
we need you my friend!

Hey Craig, its Rich from CT, speedy recovery my friend and hang in there. Prayers sent from a Giants fan....
this story is un-imaginable, bad things happening to good people, better days ahead my friend..Rich

Wow Craig. I just read your story. It now makes sense why you weren't at Chrysler Carlisle show.
I usually stop in to say Hello (spring Rhinebeck also) being a former customer. I hope you are getting the best help you need and see a full recovery. I also hope you get the full compensation that you truly deserve. Yes police have an extremely difficult job these days but I fail to see how you were a threat. Keep at that rehab and hope to see you at Carlisle '23!

Hey all, I just got off the phone with Craig. He asked if I’d copy this post over on FCBO and paste it here for him.
Btw, thanks for the kind words.

This may take a little while, but I am going to let everyone know what happened ---
If you would like to call me --- use my land line phone number --- 516 - 485 - 193five --- (moderators --- please allow my phone number to be revealed, for this situation,..,)

I will try to call you back with my cell from the hospital --- but I can't have that ringing when the nurses are here, when I am in therapy, etc., etc... I am sure you understand....

So, I was at the Macungie, Pa. Wheels of Time car show -- and on Saturday night, August 27th, and the Hall of Fame Cover Band "Flamin' Dick and the Hot Rods" played their 1950s & 1960s Rock & Roll --- and I danced the night away
with Diane, Tracy, Laura and others --- and when an Old Ugly Fart like me gets to dance with beautiful ladies , I
DON'T say " No " .....

Monday, August 29th was the last night of the summer bowling league I run --- and I bowled all 48 games --- 12 weeks times 4 games per night --- with all 16 pound balls....

The next few days , I was getting ready for the upcoming
Englishtown, New Jersey, Fall Carlisle, Pa., and HERSHEY, Pa. Car Shows.....

I reserved a U Haul, as always, I was putting all the Special Orders, and extra stock I bring for these shows, into the hallway to prepare to load the U Haul.....

I was still answering all phones and e mails, and getting out some last minute orders, before I would not be available to do so while I was on the road for those next 2 2/3rd weeks......

**** So , I don't want to hear any lies about " pre-existing"
conditions....... ****

Now, that week was the last big heat wave of the season --- 92 to 95 degrees all week, and the thermostat revealed it was 87 degrees inside --- so that night, it was going down to 62 degrees, so I left the front door open, to cool the place off.....

At 6:00 A.M. that morning, these cops came to do a
"wellness check" on someone named ' Bruce '
Of course, there is N O Bruce there ---- and I was in bed, naked, sleeping in my bed.....
When they awoke me, I said , " Whoa, what the hell are you doing ????? "
" Let's go, you're coming with us..... "
I replied, " For what ???? Let me get my pants, let me get my keys, let me get my glasses..... "
" Nope, " they responded, " You're coming with us....."

They wrapped me in, what I believe, was a large blanket, and dragged me out across the seven (7) concrete stairs to bring me up to ground level.....

I don't know if they took measures to sedate me, etc., etc.... I remember screaming out twice, " What the **** are you doing ???? What the **** are you doing ???? "

I knew that there were four (4) cops or cop cars --- because I heard the one cop at my head say " We have 4 units here ... And then, he stated " These ******* squatters are a pain in the ***... They are a bigger, ******* problem every day.....We have got to get rid of them"......

Of course, they dragged me through 10 million dollars worth of antique and classic auto parts. --- not whatever possessions a squatter owns !!!!
As Maxwell Marty used to say " Missed by that much. " !!!!
And, they did manage to steal the $ 3000 of state quarters on the night table next to the bed.... Or, help themselves to a nice healthy tip........

Next thing I know, was that I was at N Y U Langone Hospital's I C U (Intensive Care Unit).....

I spent 28 days at Langone Hospital. During that time , I had a plethora of tests, MRIs, X Rays, and on and on....

The injuries were / are :
Pressure Wound in Left foot --- an actual 1 1/2'ish round hole in my left heel..... , scrapes and scratches and nicks on both feet, a damaged left knee [ that required Surgery ] to drain fluids, as they said there were immunities or impurities or something, where they feared internal body poison / sepsis..... Left Hip pain (no visual injuries) , Left Upper Back
Injury --- 10 " x 12 " patch to cover [ required Surgery ] which has caused Nurses to practically faint and hold bedside vigils, when opened up daily to redress it, both elbows scraped and bloodied, and a nasty 1 " round scab covering an injury to my forehead......

And, I was old and ugly before this !!!!

After 28 days at Langone Hospital --- I was discharged to the Sun Harbor Manor Extended Care Health Facility / Nursing Home, where I am now in my 21st day here ---- so this horrible episode in my life has now reached 49 days / seven (7) weeks.....

With spotters, two days ago, I was able to take my first miniature steps inside parallel bars as part of the therapy....
And yesterday, I stood up from the wheelchair into a walker, and with spotters, took a few miniature steps in him....,,

I have to be " hoyered (lifted)" from the bed into the wheelchair --- so this recovery time is going to be extended, long, and difficult.....

I am not going to be Hulk Hogan overnite..... How do I become the buff, toned, youth I was 44 years ago ????

I am doing leg , knee, and arms exercises every day in their gym, and am doing more while I am in bed.... I am doing arm exercises in the middle of the night with my eyes closed, as I am not exactly getting quality sleep and much of it.....

I never had a lawyer in my life.... I have retained the services of a Garden City Lawyer, who has indicated to me that these cases are difficult to win, because of the natural logistics of them ---- no little slip and fall weasel is qualified for a case like this --- but he has won them before.....

The first thing I said to him was " Listen, if WE win 12 billion dollars versus me being able to walk again normally --- I would rather walk again normally "

But, inconvenience...... Am I scared, nervous, and I have shed some tears ??? I am not embarrassed to say ,
" Absolutely. " to all of the above....
I still have to poop in bed, and luckily, my body has been regular enough, where I can still call the nurse and get a bed pan set up, to make their job to clean me less of an issue... I am maintenance required enough........

So, that is where I stand ( ha ha ) at the moment ....
If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free at any time to ask me here, call me, and I promise you, I will answer all, regardless of how difficult it may be....
If you have any thoughts or suggestions --- don't hold back --- I am all ears , and I will entertain all ideas.... You don't have to sugar coat anything.....

Those who know me know I have a Heart of GOLD.... I treat everyone with respect and dignity,.... I have 500,000 guys and a few girls on this planet who love me, because I have served them, automotive speaking, to the highest level obtainable in this universe..... I have been blessed by God with some ubvelievable recall power, and with 51 years of experience, great old catalogs, hundreds of incredible courses, and an unmatchable willingness to help....
I have 500 billion part numbers committed to memory --- and that saves me a lot of tune at the shows, etc., etc.

I am Ivy League educated , I grew up in my grandfather's auto parts store --- where we were especially known for old car parts ..... Keeping beautiful old cars on the road , for me, is the ultimate reward,,,,.

My wife passed 29 years ago, and I am taking the express elevator to Heaven when my time on this planet is complete.... People ask me when I am going to retire --- and I tell them, " The day that I die...." I have been blessed to do what I do --- I have received blessings these last seven weeks from Florida to California and Oregon , and all points in between --- Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, Minnesota (of course --- SKOL VIKINGS), Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and more......

I ask that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers --- and remind GOD that my mission to assist everyone on this planet is not complete ( as evidenced by my backlog of phone messages and e mails --- yikes !!! )

Thank you all for making my life great --- I sincerely hope that I have made your life better by knowing me......
Hopefully, we are not done......

With love and respect, Yours, Craig......

Hey Men,
Thanks again for all the tremendous comments that keep pouring in --- it really helps me know that our friendships developed through the years and some great parts I have bought through the years to make our restorations easy with quality yesteryear U.S.A. Parts at reasonable prices has made us true friends...

Jim / Moparwacko, Scott, and Rich H. --- the most recent Well Wishers, thank you all, again....

Rich H. --- what a magical year so far for your 5 - 1 Giants, and with their schedule these next five weeks (including the bye), they should be 8 - 2, or an unthinkable 9 - 1 !!!!

My VIKINGS are 5 - 1, (being in the Hospital --- I can't be at the sports bar, watching... Boo......) but are schedule shortly is going to get brutal ....

To everyone else, stay tuned --- I just typed out a lengthy what happened --- it is on C Bodies, and DetMatt from C is going to put it in here....( I don't know how to do that.....)

Thanks again for all your get well wishes and prayers --- I wish I could Bro - Hug you all !!!!

Yours, Craig........

Hope you fully recover! A positive attitude and hard work help. Easy to say. you seem to have it.

Hey my man - Something I just don't understand. Why would a case like yours be difficult to win??? What the hell - What probable cause did they have to break into your home? Beyond even that - Even if a fake welfare check - what cause did they have to do what they did when they could see you were fine in your bed sleeping?? Believe it or not you do have rights - that in this egregious case would seem horribly violated. I totally get you on the $$ vs walking again - but are you sure you have the right lawyer? You need a piranha to go in and tear them apart. They're is something terribly wrong.

Pls respond to this - I really need to know. I'm sick for you - and want justice for you. And the meanest ******* lawyer you can find. Not the guy you have.

Your Viking buddy - Real name - Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back