• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decode Vin plate help please

Dakar Timm

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Coronet Vin plate.jpg
A
Argh , I thought I had correctly saved the photo so it would show correctly. I tried sevceral of the suggested web sites to find out exactly how this car was built. I'm particularily interested in what ratio the rear is . I'm pulling almosst 4000 rpm at 60 miles an hour. Any help will be very much appreciated . Thanks

The rear end ratio is not listed on that year of tag. You will have to do the 'old school lift the rear and count the revolutions' trick.

or rework the formula

rpm = (mph x Rear End Ratio x 336) / Tire Diameter

1234.jpg

If the speed numbers are correct then you have A ballpark of 4.56 gears. 99.9% didn’t come that way

I 'm wondering if the transmission isn't shifting into third gear .
Was this car originally black ? That's what I think I figure out . Thank you for the help .

I agree, is it up shifting. Start out in first, click up to second, then keep going to third. If you don't feel the last shift, well..

Auto Transport Service
Back