• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit Free Press...69 Charger most popular muscle car.

Myself I think 68/69 Coronet is a prettier car. Although I have definite attraction to 69 Charger 500s...the roofline w/window plug & the shorter deck lid is scintillating. Would love to see a 68/69 Coronet with same roof line & short deck lid....not the Super bird plug.
In the realm of Chargers & Coronet's, I prefer 68 over 69...nice grilles & taillights & the tiny 'button' corner markers are much tastier than the big rectangles. That said, I did own a 69 Charger, a 69 Coronet 500 hdtp & a 68 Coronet 440 post coupe, all 318s, owned in that order, loved them all but the latter was deffo my favorite.

Last edited:
Chargers seem to have leapt to the forefront. Never liked them back in the day - love them now and agree with the assessment. I guess that would make the 68 GTX second......

I guess I was wrong on that count - a bunch of ferds and bow ties.

Last edited:
Chargers seem to have leapt to the forefront. Never liked them back in the day - love them now and agree with the assessment. I guess that would make the 68 GTX second......

I guess I was wrong on that count - a bunch of ferds and bow ties.
At the end of the day after the traffic has settled down & the bugs have gone to bed, what matters for you is what you like. Too many people end up basing their desires in what's popular......I'd rather run separate to the 'pack'. Why I had a Mangusta instead of a Porsche/Corvette/Ferrari etc like everybody around me was telling me I should. At the time it was not an exceedingly high dollar car, a new porch 928 was more than twice as much at the time in 79.....fast forward to today, a 928 isn't worth a tenth of a 'Goose'.

What? No C body barges?
:rolleyes:

Of course it's easy to see which year Gen II Charger looks best.

4da70119b8eb6eaab83db9200f341985--dodge-charger--charger-rt.jpg

pretty-smile.jpg

runny-nose.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back