• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you buy from McMaster Carr?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
I highly recommend McC for any type of hardware. Pricing is fair and delivery is amazing. I am in midMichigan and the warehouse is near Chicago and my orders are delivered the next day!
Mike

I highly recommend McC for any type of hardware. Pricing is fair and delivery is amazing. I am in midMichigan and the warehouse is near Chicago and my orders are delivered the next day!
Mike
They are great on all fronts. Inventory, knowledge and delivery are all on par with the best out there.

Been awhile but yeah and Speedway Motors was another one that I liked but it's been lots of years since dealing with either one.

Huge/ginormous site, right there. Easy to get lost on there. Best to know exactly what you're after
before stepping through that door. They're very impressive!

Been awhile but yeah and Speedway Motors was another one that I liked but it's been lots of years since dealing with either one.
Speedway is still the same, great bunch of guys.

Have used McMaster Carr for household a/c parts. Good service.

I have one of the catalogues from like 2003 or something stashed some place. It is like one of those cliche/joke books from the public library that they put out on it's own table, so that the youngsters can come in and point at it and laugh and ask their parents what that GIANT book is.
My company uses them and they have always been good. Occasionally the price is not in line, but then again they literally have anything.

I live near their place west of Chicago and used them for as much as I could when I worked for G.E.
Great pricing and they have so much in stock it's crazy! They recently knocked down the whole place
and put up a new building that covers about six city blocks. I do will-call and drive over and pick my
order up. I'm still on their books from work, so it's seamless. Love em!

Great selection and they offer a lot of made in America tools.

Been a customer for many years... Done will call at their LA location, their Chicago location and their Atlanta location...

Speedway is still the same, great bunch of guys.
I bought a set of headers through Speedway, and they kept me informed every step of the way through the purchase....they even refunded me part of the shipping amount due to a miscalculation on their side.
I didn't even know about that until the email came and the money appeared immediately.
Gotta love a business with ethics like that. :thumbsup:

Have used McMaster Carr for my work equipment and tooling for 20 years. They are the Summit Racing of fasterners and hardware. Their catalog is so big I'll never have the chance to order 90% of what they carry. Once or twice McMaster did not have what I needed, but MSC did. I've never used McMaster Carr for my car hobby. They ship ultra fast - usually less than 24 hrs, sometimes 12 hrs. I can order it online at 4pm and I have it the next day at 10am.

Sensory overload on their site.

McMaster-Carr is just ridiculous, I've been using them for over 40 years.
The hardware selection is nuts.
It's on all of my cars sooner or later, Grade 8's, SHCS's, Hex Bolts, SS Hardware, all of it.
I just need them to start delivering Ham Sandwiches with the screws !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back