• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Auto Magazine

WileERobby

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
While reading here about current car mags, I got to thinking about my favorites... they're not around anymore. I may be going back past many here, but... my faves were Popular Hot Rodding, SSDI, and Hi Performance Cars, also Car Life. Later, Musclecars, and for Mopars, HiPerformance Mopar & Moperformance. What were/are YOUR favorite/ preferred mags ? Past or present. Generic or brand-specific.

Autobuff from the early to mid 80's

Hot Rod Deluxe

My first love are traditional hot rods or rat rods. If I had the place to build them, I would. Some day…

Anything magazine with scantily clad women in it is fine with me.

Anything magazine with scantily clad women in it is fine with me.
I seem to recall there was a time when one of the biggies had a swimsuit issue of sorts... evidently since there was little substance otherwise to attract readers.

Past (ok, from childhood): CarTOONS and MAD magazine
Current: Mopar Action (all hail Professor Ehrenberg!)

Past (ok, from childhood): CarTOONS and MAD magazine
Current: Mopar Action (all hail Professor Ehrenberg!)

X's 2...Best Magazine of the lot. I mean is MCG even really a magazine? Just a platform for more ads and all...cr8crshr/Tuck

In the 70's early 80's I was looking at no less then 6 different car Titled Magazines, dame those mostly Black and White photos and those horrible Green and Black ones. The three I liked the most would be "Street Machine", "Street Racer", "Super Stock & Drag Illustrated-(SSDI). I do go back and look at them on and off at times just to think...
I wonder where these cars might be at this time now.

Auto Transport Service
Back