• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good/best way to dispose water soluble solvent?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Have about 6 gallons that ain't gonna use anymore.....

Pour it on some waste land area at the back of your section away from any vegetables or fruit trees that you are growing.

Or run it around the fence line perimeter to keep the weeds down.

That would really depend on the type of water soluble solvent you have. Methanol? Nitric acid? Acetic acid? Acetone? Diethanolamine?

flush it down the toilet :lol: ,fence line kill those weeds.

Probably the most practical way Cranky, is to see if there is a disposal program in your area and drop it off there to be environmentally prudent. Most waste haulers and communities have these programs in place. However, if that is not an option, then as far away from your home on your property for weed control is your best bet...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

That would really depend on the type of water soluble solvent you have. Methanol? Nitric acid? Acetic acid? Acetone? Diethanolamine?
Been so long that I've had it that I don't remember just what it is....just know it's water soluble after testing it with some water.
Probably the most practical way Cranky, is to see if there is a disposal program in your area and drop it off there to be environmentally prudent. Most waste haulers and communities have these programs in place. However, if that is not an option, then as far away from your home on your property for weed control is your best bet...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind yesterday....and there is a place just down the road from me that takes in used oil etc. I could call them and ask. The place is a small petroleum company that's owned by a former mayor and so far has taken in everything thing I've brought to them no matter how many gallons.

And thanks for the replies!

Auto Transport Service
Back