• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got crabs???

MoparMitch

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
So this is what we do in Southern Maryland for recreation and tradition. About once a week in the summer I'll get out and run a trott line off of my 17ft ctr console to catch the famous Chesapeake Blue Crab. Since I don't have a commercial licence , I can only run 1200ft of line. I'll still usually catch at least a bushel of these guys in about an hour and a half. The other reason to crab for yourself is because, price-wise, they are getting out of hand. Right now a bushel of no.1 jimmy's can bring about $150 live , $200 cooked. I've never sold a crab though. I just pick out all the big boys and give the rest away to family and friends.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 270
Well, well . . . Maryland is not that far away . . . so sign me up for the next crab cooking - I'll bring some beer too ! !

Looks very tasty ! !

Hey Chick, I'll bring the beers! These are brewed in Frederick Md.

How's that J. O. seasoning compared to Old Bay?

Attachments

• 762x838.jpg
    762x838.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 265
Been awhile since having crabs.....er eating them. And having that bottle that close to the burner always makes me a bit nervous.

I take a bushel, those are to die for! Your making me hungry.

I always remember watching the Ravens at M&T Bank stadium and the crab cakes they serve, awesome!

Ahh jeese, we have another northerndave on our hands. Posting awesome food and making everyone jealous. Great catch!

Lump crab cakes and she crab soup! YUMMMMMMMMM! I have to settle for having them shipped over night if I want good ones.

looks yummy
great now I want some crab... & beer

Out here we trap the Dungeness crabs over in the San Juan islands. Nothing tastes better than unlimited quantities of crab and beer. Do you know what's better than owning a boat? Answer; Having a friend who owns a boat.

Out here we trap the Dungeness crabs over in the San Juan islands. Nothing tastes better than unlimited quantities of crab and beer. Do you know what's better than owning a boat? Answer; Having a friend who owns a boat.

LOL

BOAT
definition;
Break Out Another Thousnad

Attachments

• Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.JPG
    Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 201
Used to take the 69 Sport Satellite down 301 to Captain Billy's for crab. Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, Chincoteague. Good memories. 80's. Love southern Maryland. Smooth roads compared to Pennsylvania.

Coupla times a year I'll jump on a friends boat for a night time cruise with a few spotlights and net them while they swim near the top of the water.
Don't forget the CLAMS!!!!!

Ive never cooked them, But to enjoy a meal of them sounds good, I have to admit, Ive never had them even in a restaurant Sue doesn't like "any kind" of fish or anything else that swims under the water lol.. we don't go to places like "Red Lobster" which i imagine a trott line and the no how to cook them is a lot more inviting! Cool deal Mitch, enjoy those under water delights!!!

Crabs have as much meat on them as a chipmunk. Now, here in New England, this is some good eating...............

Attachments

• 137-3714_IMG.JPG
    137-3714_IMG.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 172
No no. Gotta have a natty boh with steamed crabs.

View attachment 195925

Those Miller Lites are to cook the crabs with along with a splash of cider vinegar.

- - - Updated - - -

Crabs have as much meat on them as a chipmunk. Now, this is good eating...............

Completely different taste though. Anyhow, catching them is mostly about the sport/fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Crabs have as much meat on them as a chipmunk. Now, here in New England, this is some good eating...............

Hey DH, Did you catch those with the bands already on them ??

Auto Transport Service
Back