• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graeme Edge will not be down for breakfast

R.I.P. Graeme. Sad to see that unfortunately many great musicians are passing away; but the music will live forever!
:thumbsup:

Loved their Music & Poetry.....

Rest In Peace Mr Edge..

R.I.P.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy is spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one;
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey is yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

Face piles of trials with smiles, it riles them to believe you perceive the web they weave...

Last edited:
They must have had an excellent education to be able to write lyrics like that while stoned.

The one that must be stoned is me.. I see I typed "it riles they" I corrected it in my post should be "it riles them" That particular poem ran through my head allot when I was going through some tough times due to the actions of someone else.... I kept smiling & it really pissed her off... :rofl:

I was a stoner in my youth, think Jeff Spicoli or Cheech and Chong. So, I never tried to understand the meaning of the songs until I matured and cleared my head.

I never really listened to the words, the music and how the voices interplayed with it was what I liked the most. A voice is the most versatile instrument and makes the melody come alive. Of course I hear the prominent words and will remember that, but often don't know more than that.

Oh no.
The Moody Blues, has always been my favorite band.
Sad to see that Graeme is now in rock and roll heaven.
He had a good run making it to 80 years.
I know i have seen the Moodies in concert, 6 times, throughout the years.
And Justin Hayward as a solo artist, one time.
A big fan of them all.
R.I.P. Mr. Edge.

An album of his, The Graeme Edge Band, when the Moodies were on hiatus from one another for awhile.

Last edited:
He did get to see and play as Moody Blues induction to 2018 Hall of Fame. There was a second drummer thus obviously needed help. They were awesome that night. Easily better than Cars or Bon Jovi.

Auto Transport Service
Back