• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hands free driving

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want it, and I cannot believe it's a selling point.......just saw a chevy truck commercial promoting it

No way in hell I'd ever own one - and there's enough "driverless" stuff going on out there as it is,
what with the distracted driving folks being damn near the majority.

Actually it's pretty cool. Pretty handy on the interstates which are really the only roads mapped for it right now. It's not really hands free because you have to steer to change lanes.

Self driving, I've seen it
tesla-buyer-takes-delivery-immediately-crashes-model-s-update-supercharging-mishap.jpg

Our newest car is from 1994 and even this is to new / to much tech for my taste.

Already got it. It's called my knee.

sitting in the driver seat, the natural position of hands would be on the wheel........ seriously, you're supposed to keep your hands in your lap and hope it works 100%? why? ........ I get it, we're all getting old and set in our ways; and I don't understand how it works, nor do I care....... but none of this makes any sense to me....... maybe the better question is why is it even necessary?

I don't understand why anyone would want it, and I cannot believe it's a selling point.......just saw a chevy truck commercial promoting it
I agree.
I love to drive. I can't see how any car guy would be interested in this.

If I don’t feel like driving I’ll take a bus, train etc.. or let the wifey drive which doesn’t happen very often.
It also makes me think of Tesla’s big tractor trailers that are self driving. Why not put that turkey on rails? It’s the same dang principle. Computers malfunction .. so do people but it trust people more than a machine.. And this whole AI thing is spooky!

Eventually this is going to lead to AI needing to have value judgements programmed in. Example: Driver X is driving 55 MPH (speed limit) on a small country road. Suddenly, driver X comes around a blind curve and comes up on an accident. Driver X can't stop in time and will plow into either a young girl standing in the middle of the lane of an old couple standing by the side of the road. But driver X will make some split decision based on his/her reflexes and whatever happens, happens.
Is the little girl worth more or less than the old couple? For the AI system to take evasive maneuvers, it needs to have value judgements programmed in for a "lose/lose" situation like this.
I'm not sure I want machines making decisions like this.

stupid has won
Precisely. Stupid, coupled with entitled LAZINESS...
I always told my wife I figured they'd assume control AFTER I was gone.
Turns out, I was wrong.
Dammit.

Everyday we read about car accidents and how drivers aren't paying enough attention, so we come out with ideas that can HALFWAY drive your car. Great idea, NOT.

Auto Transport Service
Back