• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you outrun the cops?

Obvious you needed some guidance you failed to receive

Thanks for that Steve.
On the other hand--maybe the "guidance" that ----I did have--- at the time kept me from going to jail and having my car impounded.
I do this day -feel shame and regret- that my brake lights were non-functional. I was blessed that I did not get a ticket for it.
A life lesson for me.:rofl:

Thanks for that Steve.
On the other hand--maybe the "guidance" that ----I did have--- at the time kept me from going to jail and having my car impounded.
I do this day -feel shame and regret- that my brake lights were non-functional. I was blessed that I did not get a ticket for it.
A life lesson for me.:rofl:
Your most welcomed

WOW.. sounds like someone was dropped on their head at birth too..

That would be me--I got my first ticket at age 14.
It took me many years and 85 tickets to learn my lessons. I am still learning. I have very few regrets about my learning process.

Kind of related. When we were kids we had to walk everywhere. My friend Kurt Boorigie could make a good siren sound like it was just turned on. BEEOOWWW. We were not too far from home when all of a sudden two muscle cars go rippin' by in a race. One was a 68/69 Road Runner and I forget the other one. Anyway, Kurt did the siren thing.... both cars shut down hard but then the Road Runner turned around and started hunting us. We ran through bushes and hopped fences and got away but we were thinking we were going to get a beating.

LOL..it wasn't directed at you... but you knew that!!

I knew that.:) However--I may have been dropped on my head early on and thereby gained common sense at the best possible time. Before venturing into the world.
In my (this) case--Did I not scam the cops that were hell-bent on busting me for -anything- by knowing all about their game?

Twice. Once I flew by a parked cop at night, in my Datsun 510. His interior light was on so he was probably eating or writing reports. I was doing about 80 on HWY 1 in Carmel Ca. I just kept going because I had a huge lead. I peeled off onto a side street and backed up somebody's long driveway & shut her off. I heard him zoom by as a lay there in the space where the back seat was supposed to be. I continued to lay there, heart beating fast for probably 15 minutes. . Then................. a spotlight flickered into the car, swept around a bit, then disappeared. Jeebus! I stayed for another hour before driving home, slowly, on back streets.

Another time my buddy & I were going fast on motorcycles, at nite, on the 4th of July. We rocketed past a cop going in the opposite direction. Oooops! We zoomed up to high speeds (Pal on GS 1100 & me on a Moto Guzzi El Dorado 850) We got to my street, me pushing my garage door opener in my pocket. We jetted inside and I pulled the release to drop the door. ---------- But the damn light was still on! My pal swung his helmet, busting the bulb. Freakin' genius move!

We heard the police radio static as he slowly cruised by. Whew! Close one!

------- Now in my first car, 73 Camaro, I was chased by the CHP and didn't even know it. They caught me sitting at the light at the bottom of an exit ramp. Since I didn't know I was in a car chase it doesn't count.

When I was still living at home I was in bed on a Saturday mourning when I heard the motor of a Sportster with open pipes come roaring down the next street. That guy must have took the turn at God knows how fast. Turns out it was a local guy and the cops were chasing him all over. He drove over sidewalks, down the wrong way on one way streets
Finally the guy goes down his own street, I guess trying to get home. Police officers right behind him. Officer leans out the window and the story goes he was trying to shoot out rear tire. Shoots the guy in the back killing him

re: The driveway hide. A buddy of mine was trying to outrun the police on a Kawasaki AR50. It's like the Honda MB5. A 50cc "motorcycle" with a clutch & real transmission.

Anyhow, he got ahead enough in the turns to ride up a random driveway & park behind an RV. However, the house's occupant came out and told him to get outta there. My pal looked at the guy & saw that he was a bit on the "rough" side so he took a risk and said "Dude, I can't leave I'm hiding from the cops"

The guy responded with "why didn't you say so?! Quick, get in the garage!" :)

Ah........... ya gotta love the Dirtbag lifestyle.

3BD2A005-A6EE-4605-BD71-8BFD606ECD48.jpeg
:drinks:

Sometime when I was about 14 my buddy and I were riding around our neighborhood. He on an unregistered moped and myself on a 70's Honda CT90 which legally was supposed to have a plate, insurance and me a license. Well we drove past a side street and a cop was headed our direction. As we were right next to a 2 block section of woods, we ducked onto a trail I knew. We blew thru the woods and flew down the road toward my house. Cop passed on the lower road about the same time I turned the corner to my house. I flew up the side hill, into the garage, laid the bike out flat sliding. Reached up hit the door closer just before the cop came past....parked the bike for a while after that. In the end, put about 2000 miles on that bike, not one legally.

Glad to see you're off work in NYC 2years later

In El Paso some of our United States Border Patrol vehicles had a toggle switch to turn off the tail lights (used at night on desert patrol in New Mexico).

Auto Transport Service
Back