• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head light recommendations form my 94 Dakota yellow ones

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestion?

You want to repair or replace? Aftermarket I'd think would be easiest........... You can bring them back to life (for most part) but it can be labor intensive

You can polish them, but they turn back yellow fairly quickly.

My daughter has a 99 Dak and I have an 01 Ram, I have polished both of their headlights many times. The trick is to seal them after polishing (every parts store probably has something for this or I think you can use like a spray on wax). They will haze/yellow again in 6 months to a year or so but it isn't very hard to repolish them. The other option is to replace them with better units that have glass.

Sorry............. my bad.
I did replace the entire headlights.
I need new bright bulb recommendations.

Sorry............. my bad.
I did replace the entire headlights.
I need new bright bulb recommendations.

I went with the brighter bulbs in my daily driver and they only lasted just over a year. I went back to the standard bulbs.

I need to redo the ones on my 92 Dak.
Unfortunately I think the yellowing may have permeated the plastic.
I'm going to try to polish them one more time. A drill motor with a buffing wheel makes short order of it.
I cannot recommend a bulb.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back