• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley carb stand

65-440

Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
The last few carbs I've built I kept saying I need to buy a work stand.. never did.... this morning I had nothing going on, grabbed a few pieces of scrap sapele wood and made one! I think I'll make 2 more!

20180818_121720.jpg 20180818_121749.jpg

I have a dedicated box in one of the cabinets for such things. The do not touch box when needing nuts and bolts to assemble something. Other wise would be buying new one for these special occasions all the time.

I have been rebuilding carbs professionally and on the side at home for almost 50 years now. I clamp a center punch in the bench vise and set one of the carb mounting holes over the punch and do my work. I've never broken a throttle body, although I pick the beefiest corner on Holleys to avoid such a problem. Back before FI was on every vehicle I averaged 1 carb per week.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back