• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot August Nights Reno 8-3/8-7-2016

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
No Barret Jackson this year, different Auction House.

image.jpg

Motorsport Auction Group | Hot August Nights Classic Car ...
motorsportauctiongroup.com

image.jpg

Dennis, we're definitely planning on this one, and November LV for SEMA to see Dave's car....what hotel are You using Im Reno?

New Hampton this year, west of town off the Old Lincoln Highway. Just west of McCarren.

I have not seen anything saying just where the auction will be held. Not ENOUGH suckers in Reno for BJ I guess! Will be interesting to drop in on this one and see how they do it.

I believe the roof plug and flush grill were limited to the '69 500s. Wonder how much more valued they are that year.

Last edited:
I believe the roof plug was limited to the '69 500s. Wonder how much more valued they are that year.
My impression was that a 69 500 hemi rubs shoulders with Daytonas & Birds mkt wise......i'll check NADA....this might sound wack...but glass plugs are available....id like to incorporate the plug & short deck to a 68 Coro 4 door...i have grown quite fond of the 4 do's profile....i like the quarters better sans the dummy stamped vents ...i want a 4 door for two reasons....stiffest and less chance of drag strip abuse, usually can be found w under 100k miles. Ive seen some pretty clean examples, turn key w 50-60k mi for avg 5k go off on ebay.

I can imagine they must be in that range. I've yet to have seen one in the flesh. Probably a lot more chance of that down your way. I remember driving around Palm Springs and seeing the unmistakable blue streak of a Daytona cruising down Date Palm. Just about had a seizure as they are just not something you see during your daily commute around here.

I hear ya on the four doors. Would be nice to see those at some of the local shows, as I'm sure there's far more interesting stories about them than the drag strip cowboys.

Sorry Dennis for hijacking your thread :steering:

I can imagine they must be in that range. I've yet to have seen one in the flesh. Probably a lot more chance of that down your way. I remember driving around Palm Springs and seeing the unmistakable blue streak of a Daytona cruising down Date Palm. Just about had a seizure as they are just not something you see during your daily commute around here.

I hear ya on the four doors. Would be nice to see those at some of the local shows, as I'm sure there's far more interesting stories about them than the drag strip cowboys.

Sorry Dennis for hijacking your thread :steering:
Yeah Dennis, no foul intended! Last, ive seen Daytonas & Birds, but i have yet to see any 500 live....i like the wing cars, but that fast back/short lid, undistracted by wing.....profile of Charger 500 is magnificent....Black for me.....and slammed into weeds, with some nose dive.
Thanks 69B. You still cali?

Nah, I'm up in Canuckistan (Vancouver) 90% of the time. Wish I could be in Cali more than I am, as I'd love to meet up with you folks and partake in some of your scenic adventures and post-run beer chats. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back