• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much is this worth?

Does that not look like a regular k frame?

If you could buy a very nice 318 car with all the interior and nice trim.. probably the quickest and cheapest way to make a car .

Think $5k is much and as said missing big ticket items. Hemi engine $20 to $25k looks like an automatic trans car missing 90* fitting pressure line. Best advice is buy a nice car for parts. You'll probably never find a roller in good enough shape. Buying another car that's nice saves on parts hunting and in your case shipping. If you have body work skills or a VERY good friend is a big plus. Paying a body shop won't $200 $300 here and there it will be thousands.
You treed me lol

That's not a Hemi K frame add $1500 to $2500. Missed that.

and in the time it would take to complete, you could come up with some bogus story to go along with it........because no one will admit to a building a rebodied hunk of crap

Everything on those '66-'67 Chargers is expensive to buy in good shape if you don't already have it. That $5,000 is only the first installment on a money pit. You would be better off to wait for an affordable complete driver. As others have said, '66 and '67 is the cheapest way to get into the Hemi Owners Club. Personally, I like the '66 and '67 B-bodies (I own a 1967 R/T). You just don't see as many of these at shows as '68-'70.

Personally, I like the '66 and '67 B-bodies (I own a 1967 R/T). You just don't see as many of these at shows as '68-'70.
yes, they have distinctive lines rather than the rounded lumps of newer cars.

Would a 66 Hemi Charger have torque boxes? Wrong K frame is a major flag. Maybe this Hemi car WAS the donor car; there is certainly nothing worthwhile left on it except the dash.

Last edited:
Yes, '66 Hemi Chargers have the same torque boxes as other Hemi B-bodies. '66 Hemi cars also had the one-year-only solenoid bracket on the inner fender.

IMHO....you be doing the guy a favour if he offered YOU a grand to haul it away.

Lots of work for little reward....or as my buddy said the other day - "The juice isn't worth the squeeze".

I must be in the minority , ( ok I am because I'm a fastback aficionado) but this is a rare Hemi car.
If it was still in the motherland I'd be a buyer.
The chances of owning one are rapidly declining.

The 2016 sale ad said the fender tag was intact. There doesn't appear to be a fender tag in the current photos so it might be mounted on another body.

It's worth pursuing, I would dog it. Confirm it and buy it that day or walk away if it's found lacking. Would want to see every VIN, including dropping the rear bumper to see if it received one there. ...and see the Fender Tag that is hopefully with the Title.

Auto Transport Service
Back