• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much is this worth?

streetstrip_ch

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Switzerland and on the local "ebay" a 1966 Charger Hemi vin number pop up for sale, only body nothing else.

Since prices on those things are high, I wonder if that is still valuable, or no. I personally would be interested if it had the engine, or if the auction would have started at $1 like his other stuff.

I'm sharing the link, so you can see the pics: https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/1966-dodge-charger-hemi-1239445974/

thanks,
Ed

I think after you spend $100,000.00 on a restoration the car will be worth $100,000.00, maybe.
Mike

*RAWK!* What's it worth, what's it worth?!?!? *RAWK!*

What it is worth is up to the buyer. If it where me don't think the price is right. Way too much money for what. A shell. That looks to need everything.

When doing restorations, I’ve learned that it will cost more than I thought, take more time than I thought, piss me off more than I thought, find better deals on parts after I have already bought them, misplace parts more than I thought, then there‘s the stuff I never thought of..

The 66-67 Chargers are at the bottom of the Hemi price heap.....but they cost just as much to restore as the top priced cars it seems and then you probably won't/can't come up with the numbers matching drive train components that help add to the car's worth once it's done. And that car looks like it's been well abused to me but not so easy to tell with just 4 pics.

Parts are hard enough (sometimes impossible to get here in the States).
That is not a good looking "car"cass.

There isn't much left there door panels and lower grill molding.
That plate with the starter relay is worth something but really only if you're building a clone or need one for a rebuildable hemi car.

When doing restorations, I’ve learned that it will cost more than I thought, take more time than I thought, piss me off more than I thought, find better deals on parts after I have already bought them, misplace parts more than I thought, then there‘s the stuff I never thought of..
Yup. I have nothing to add. :D

What it is worth is up to the buyer. If it where me don't think the price is right. Way too much money for what. A shell. That looks to need everything.
as I wrote before, if it would start at $1, I could buy it to build a race car out of it.

IMO 5K for a real Hemi car is almost a no brainer.

...and you get the pre-1968 "bonus" of finding any engine built slightly before the car and no one can argue it's not the original engine.

At 5K, it's almost worth buying just to say I own a Hemi car.

$5600 for a fender tag (there is a fender tag, is there not?) is expensive. A nice driver gen 1 Hemi car probably starts near $50K in the US. A harsh purchase offer and a donor car is the only path I see looking at the rust holes.

$5600us to purchase, 4,000 to buy solid roller in US, $3,000 to get it to Switzerland. Then the expensive Hemi stuff is needed.

This car missing big ticket items: Taillights, bumpers, seats, rear window, windshield, and grill trim that will cost as much as a solid donor car to buy and ship.

IMO 5K for a real Hemi car is almost a no brainer.

...and you get the pre-1968 "bonus" of finding any engine built slightly before the car and no one can argue it's not the original engine.

At 5K, it's almost worth buying just to say I own a Hemi car.
Didn't even think about the pre-68 deal.....thanks for reminding me.

may not be a fender tag, if he had it he would say so. It is important to have it.

Tail lenses were reproduced and aren’t to hard to find with a wanted ad.
Bumpers are coronet items
windshield can be bought new.
every parts car has a rear window in it.
Buckets are around for these and not $999 like 1970’s
yes the body trim is hard to find.

Any minor part is now a big ticket item and especially hard to find and expensive due to Europe.
$5600 for a fender tag (there is a fender tag, is there not?) is expensive.

This car missing big ticket items: Taillights, bumpers, seats, rear window, windshield, and grill trim that will cost as much as a solid donor car to buy and ship.

Last edited:
in nice, driver condition,
tail light assembly: $600
bumpers: 1,200
rear window: 200 (plus shipping)
Cee and top hood trim: $1,000
seats: $600
console and a 100 little parts

I see no tag, but that relay panel on the inner fender is Hemi, isn't it? Still, no tag or build sheet

in nice, driver condition,
tail light assembly: $600
bumpers: 1,200
rear window: 200 (plus shipping)
Cee and top hood trim: $1,000
seats: $600
console and a 100 little parts

I see no tag, but that relay panel on the inner fender is Hemi, isn't it? Still, no tag or build sheet
It also needs about every piece of sheetmetal on the car replaced.
I wouldn't know where to start on that thing.

@streetstrip_ch Ed, I think this is a deal! For 5000 Euros/Swiss Francs, less than $6,000 US, you would have a ’66 Hemi Charger! They built, what, 468 Hemis and 218 TorqueFlites from what I’ve seen on line? Just depends on whether you’re up to the madness of looking for Hemi parts. At next year’s Carlisle Chrysler Show and the Mopar Nationals you would need to show up on the field with a 20’ container with a suitcase full of $ hundreds! I would have this car just so I can walk around the shows asking for ’66 Hemi Charger parts! I have a ’63 Sport Fury Factory Max Wedge, when I am walking around I ask for ’63 Sport Fury parts because I have most of the Max parts.

Think $5k is much and as said missing big ticket items. Hemi engine $20 to $25k looks like an automatic trans car missing 90* fitting pressure line. Best advice is buy a nice car for parts. You'll probably never find a roller in good enough shape. Buying another car that's nice saves on parts hunting and in your case shipping. If you have body work skills or a VERY good friend is a big plus. Paying a body shop won't $200 $300 here and there it will be thousands.

Auto Transport Service
Back