• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Withdraw Large Amounts of Your Own Money (Cash) From Your Bank Account

Be careful traveling with cash. There’s a lawyer on YouTube, (also a mopar guy) that has a video about police seizures of cash during traffic stops.
It can be very hard to recover.

It’s all make believe. The banks don’t actually have all the cash. It’s a legal Ponzi scheme.

I recently had trouble getting 6500 in cash from Bank of America. Had to go to two branches.

Dang I guess I got lucky when I bought my charger project.

Be careful traveling with cash. There’s a lawyer on YouTube, (also a mopar guy) that has a video about police seizures of cash during traffic stops.
It can be very hard to recover.
The burden of proving its legit funds and the expense of proving it is on the shoulders of the original holder of the cash.
The logic of that predicament in cash seizures of say less than $5k, is the cops know it will cost more than that to pay the legal fees to get the money returned, hence no one will bother and the $5K goes into the general police fund with no taxpayer oversight, meaning they can spend it anyway they want.

Had the same issue for only 5k, banks do not have money anymore. My bank actually closed and replaced he tellers with and ATM inside the bank. Went to the larger bank and they had to call around to all the banks to see who had 5k I could pick up that day.

Never had a problem pulling any amount from my bank....get a new bank!

I’m not sure how old @Richard Davis is but with all the elderly scams out there, they have conversations with you to see if you’re a victim and can possibly stop something. Might be why they asked if you had a bill of sale. There’s no reason you can’t withdraw cash, no triggers for the feds. It might need scheduled of go to a branch or two if you need it same day as others mentioned.

It happens, had a close friend’s mom get scammed out of $20k. They had her go to the bank, had her scripted to a tee (buying a car) and first overnight a package from east cost to west. Until anyone figured out what happened it was delivered.

Also, my bank said there is no ‘amount limit’ for deposit that triggers paperwork anymore. It’s all based on behavior. No idea what that means but I can only imagine. I sold a car at Carlisle one time and I went straight to my bank and deposited. It was over that $10k number. Bank manager asked some questions. Then some paperwork, SSN too. Never heard anything about it after that. Who knows. Cash seems to be a curse anymore. Then your buyer that wanted cash thinks you’re passing fake bills. Nothing easy.

Ah, banks and cash withdrawals. A friends dad needed 5K for some car stuff. His bank would only let him have $1500 per day.

Last time I needed some cash for a car, my own branch, where I had my business and personal accounts, claimed they only had 5K to give me and I would have to go to another branch for the bulk of it. Stopped at another branch for the other 30 or 35K, whatever it was. The bitch at the counter said she didn't have it. The teller next to her overheard the conversation and said they got some cash delivered that morning, so they had plenty. Bitch #1 was furious and stormed off to get my cash. She then told me she was filing a Suspicious Activity Report on the transaction. I told her to go right the F ahead and file a report-it wouldn't be the first SAR and won't be the last filed on me.

When it comes to needing cash for something, save yourself the headache and keep a stash at home.

Bitch #1 was furious and stormed off to get my cash. She then told me she was filing a Suspicious Activity Report on the transaction.
Sounds like she thought it was coming out of her own purse. Nice customer service.

The basis here because of the "patriot Act" is to stop (theater) mainly terrorism. the banks are now
responsible for "knowing" their customers, and their banking habits.
IMO do not close the account and go elsewhere to solve this particular issue, that will only raise more red flags.
You just need to go up the ladder. Do not give them a false BOS, that is federal bank fraud. Do not withdraw $5K at a time, that is a federal offense of "structuring".
You are currently doing nothing wrong, they just need to calm down, and you need to help them with that process, as BS as it all is.
Two weeks ago I withdraw 5 figures from my local bank (of 15 years) in cash for a deal that fell apart hours later in the day.
I returned to the bank drive thru hours alter to redeposit it. The bank teller asked me where I got the money I was depositing, I pointed to a nearby teller and said "from her earlier today"

I think I may know what your getting at by "structuring" but please explain.

A couple weeks ago, I withdrew 5 grand from my credit union with no issues whatsoever. and seeing that a hundred is the new twenty, withdrawing 5 grand is just not a lot of money these days. I know people who are paranoid about carrying a couple hundred in their wallet, but down at Carlisle, 5 grand is just walking around money.

Last edited:
I think I may know what your getting at by "structuring" but please explain.
"Structuring" in the financial sense here is withdrawing funds in smaller amounts with the intent to avoid notice or reporting to authorities that a single larger withdrawal would incur.
All suggestions here by others to take that action is categorically illegal. Whether its detectable or not is another conversation.
"Intent" is the key word here.

Last edited:
LOL Don... 1993 paying my contractors. I had 35 grand in 1000's. "how they hell am I gonna get change for this in Tim Horton's drive through". Not my problem...

A few years ago, it was common to see some businesses with signs saying "no bills over $20.00 accepted". Today, a hundred barely buys one bag of groceries, yet some people are afraid of a hundred dollar bill.

A few years ago, it was common to see some businesses with signs saying "no bills over $20.00 accepted". Today, a hundred barely buys one bag of groceries, yet some people are afraid of a hundred dollar bill.
I was telling my son, 40 years ago if you were making a small purchase, (beer, cigarettes) and you handed someone a twenty they would get all pissy pants.

Auto Transport Service
Back