• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last SRT Demon 170 off the Brampton Ontario Assembly Line yesterday.

One of my engineering colleagues has a buddy from college who was an engineer at Stellantis in MI and took the buyout they offered recently. He said things were in pretty bad shape there now. Cut their white collar headcount about 50% I believe.
You have to wonder what the future is for the big 3, they are basically being forced into making cars that most consumers will not find practical or want to buy.
I read an automotive industry reporters op ed a while back where he said he thought the automobile makers know this push to EV will fail miserably, and their end game is to position themselves to be able to go to the government after they go bankrupt and say we did everything you told us to do, and now we are broke and you need to bail us out.
Time will tell but I bet his prediction will prove true.

98% of my typos and errors occur when I'm trying to post something from the phone.
Autocorrect or just tired eyes make it difficult. Sometimes I've been posting and have to resume some task and skip the proofreading, then the errors slip past me.
I do apologize.....

View attachment 1578400

98% of my errors are because, well, I suck at grammer and spelling. I'm thankful for auto correct. I blame it all of the time.

Thank You for posting! I do appreciate it, I’m salty over seeing my friends loose their jobs at US Steel, I left before we idled the plant and now they sold out. Sorry for being so negative. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the photos. Funny, before I retired from there, we were threatened with firing if we ever brought any media device in!
:elmer:"NO PHOTOGRAPHY OVER THREAT OF TERMINATION!"

Oh the secrets I know!! :blah:

Last edited:
R.I.P. Dodge. Going on Life Support. Hope nobody accidentally stands on the oxygen hose. Grand old Chrysler nameplate is only going to show up on Pacifica for 2024.

How long until the Chrysler name is gone. The one and only model Chrysler has is the Pacifica minivan & how many of those do you see on the road?

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
R.I.P. Dodge. Going on Life Support. Hope nobody accidentally stands on the oxygen hose. Grand old Chrysler nameplate is only going to show up on Pacifica for 2024.
Years ago, my Dad came to stay with my wife and I for a couple of weeks. As my Dad had been decades in the auto industry, one evening I thought, 'I'll take the Old Man to work with me tomorrow and give him the grand tour.' When we got there, I took him in to meet the Plant Manager. The PM was a younger guy, but did seemed pleased to see an old hand like Dad. "I'm sure you'll see a lot of changes from your day", he said to Dad. I borrowed the PM's golf cart (his was MUCH nicer than mine), strapped the Old Man in and off we went. I drove us all the way down to the far east side where everything started. We sat and watched huge sheets of rolled metal being stamped into body panels and floors. I then drove along slowly up and down each isle, through every department so Dad could get a good look at everything that was going on and how it was all being done now. At the end when we got to Final, I even put him in a just finished car, a 300M, and drove it out and went around our little factory test track so he actually saw everything that was done from start to finish.

When we went back to the Plant Managers office to say thanks, the PM asked my Dad, "So, what did you think?, impressive eh?"
Dad, never at a loss for words said "yeah, it's very impressive, but where are all the ******* people?" Fortunately, (for me) the PM had a fair sense of humor and replied to Dad with a shrug, " Well, that's the way of the modern world now, isn't it?" Before the Old Man could respond, I begged apologies while pushing him out the office door and we made a quick escape.

I remembered this "adventure" with my Dad after reading some of the posts about "Chrysler" and other companies who seem to be working on a never ending goal of constant downsizing or plant closings. But you know what? I took him on that tour over 28 years ago. Of course, he was right then. And it's been slowly going on now for such a long time, I don't think that a lot of younger people even notice or pay proper attention anymore. "Oh well, another place is closing, downsizing, etc., etc..." Today, I don't fear that the companies will completely vanish as much as I fear them modernizing to the point of having an almost zero person workforce. Who in the hell is going to buy the products made by these or any companies, when no one has a decent job or has no hope of making the type of income that these places traditionally offered.

As the man said to me all those years ago, "Well, that's the way of the modern world now..."

Last edited:
Long read..

Funny story, but not Chrysler related.
Probably 20 or so years ago we were camping near Detroit and went to the Chrysler museum. It was a great experience and my kids loved it.
The next day we went to the Ford complex, did the museum, the village, and finally the Rogue plant tour. It was a really fun day for the kids as it sort of brought the American auto industry to reality.
Until the actual plant tour. Groups of approximately 20 are brought to an observation walkway to observe the various stations of assembly.
It was actually very disappointing and appalling to watch. The horn would sound, the line started, and nothing happened. We watched 3 F150's go down the line without some kind of roof trim while the "employees" continued to socialize and drink coffee. This went on for the entire tour, unbelievable. Even my kids picked up on it. The most ridiculous station was the inner fender liner plastic Installation. The young woman installing the black retainer clips had about a 25% success rate. There was an actual pile of hundreds of the things everywhere within a 5ft radius. And no one seemed to care. This went on at nearly every station, and some were really good too.
I'm sure some of this happens at all manufacturers, but this is what you are showing the public? And then came the end, where a smiling and waving employee hops in and drives it away. Except a full (according to our guide) 15% fail to run, and are pushed off to the "diagnostic" line.
I am not in the automotive assembly business at all, but this was very eye opening and really didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling regarding the quality of new vehicles or the UAW.

98% of my typos and errors occur when I'm trying to post something from the phone.
Autocorrect or just tired eyes make it difficult. Sometimes I've been posting and have to resume some task and skip the proofreading, then the errors slip past me.
I do apologize.....

View attachment 1578400
IMG_6628.jpeg

Gotta love the money grab they did on these. The Corporation and dealers won big. And 90% of them will be mothballed to change hands on BAT… “Still has the plastic on the seats!” How boring.

Speaking of ….. it’ll be interesting to see where this one ends up at.

2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170

How long until the Chrysler name is gone.

That happen when I saw this hit the ground, 2009-2010............ Today's Chargers and Challengers dressed up in anyway possible will never be the same or a true Chrysler product. I watched real cars come out of this building right along with so many of the cars you all own and drive. Times have changed and I watched it right here........... History.
444.jpg
tower 7.jpg

tower 1.jpg
tower 6.jpg

My good friend has a good aerial picture of the Fenton plant . . My friend says there is a good chance he painted the passenger side of my 68. My 68,70,72,02 are all Fenton plant. Hey O where were you and what years? Chrysler was very innovative and a leader. That has changed.

My good friend has a good aerial picture of the Fenton plant . . My friend says there is a good chance he painted the passenger side of my 68. My 68,70,72,02 are all Fenton plant. Hey O where were you and what years? Chrysler was very innovative and a leader. That has changed.
I worked both plants north and south, or as they were called in the early days,
1 and 2 . From 1986 to 2010
My father 1965 to 1987.
I was raised a few miles for the plant and would go to the test track and lean against the fence for hours as a kid. What I have seen go on there you wouldn't believe. I have seen them jumped and watch the driver get out and run. Donuts you could only dream of. Every 1 of 1 they ever made in that planet. Memories I will never forget.

Years ago, my Dad came to stay with my wife and I for a couple of weeks. As my Dad had been decades in the auto industry, one evening I thought, 'I'll take the Old Man to work with me tomorrow and give him the grand tour.' When we got there, I took him in to meet the Plant Manager. The PM was a younger guy, but did seemed pleased to see an old hand like Dad. "I'm sure you'll see a lot of changes from your day", he said to Dad. I borrowed the PM's golf cart (his was MUCH nicer than mine), strapped the Old Man in and off we went. I drove us all the way down to the far east side where everything started. We sat and watched huge sheets of rolled metal being stamped into body panels and floors. I then drove along slowly up and down each isle, through every department so Dad could get a good look at everything that was going on and how it was all being done now. At the end when we got to Final, I even put him in a just finished car, a 300M, and drove it out and went around our little factory test track so he actually saw everything that was done from start to finish.

When we went back to the Plant Managers office to say thanks, the PM asked my Dad, "So, what did you think?, impressive eh?"
Dad, never at a loss for words said "yeah, it's very impressive, but where are all the ******* people?" Fortunately, (for me) the PM had a fair sense of humor and replied to Dad with a shrug, " Well, that's the way of the modern world now, isn't it?" Before the Old Man could respond, I begged apologies while pushing him out the office door and we made a quick escape.

I remembered this "adventure" with my Dad after reading some of the posts about "Chrysler" and other companies who seem to be working on a never ending goal of constant downsizing or plant closings. But you know what? I took him on that tour over 28 years ago. Of course, he was right then. And it's been slowly going on now for such a long time, I don't think that a lot of younger people even notice or pay proper attention anymore. "Oh well, another place is closing, downsizing, etc., etc..." Today, I don't fear that the companies will completely vanish as much as I fear them modernizing to the point of having an almost zero person workforce. Who in the hell is going to buy the products made by these or any companies, when no one has a decent job or has no hope of making the type of income that these places traditionally offered.

As the man said to me all those years ago, "Well, that's the way of the modern world now..."
Well said! I am retired, thus out of the workforce, and glad of it. My son and daughter both have well-paying jobs, but I fear for my grandchildren.

Auto Transport Service
Back